Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

new guy here, NEED ADVICE

840 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  stigrider 
#1 ·
hey there guys, new guy here. Looking at picking up a 07 600rr. looking for a few questions answered before doing so. I come from a zx10 but i found a good deal on a 600rr that i like. bike is fully stock with just a rs-5 slip on. im getting a killer steal for the bike (if i do buy it) 3800$ because the guy is moving and cant take the bike with him. Down fall? the bike has 25k miles on it. That scares me.. he did not have a valve adjustment yet which im not to worried about i dont have a problem paying to get that looked at. I just am not sure if i should buy it even though the price is what it is because of how many miles on it. so, someone give me advice, tell me what to look for? when i go check it out il be able to here the valves tapping or not.

my name is Jared btw! anywho, hopefully you guys can help me!:ciao:

#2 ·
Welcome to dotnet..
what year is the bike? If it's been well taken care of, dont worry about the mileage. Honda reliability. Ironically... Jared (another member here) has an F4i pushing 250k.

How much damage? Has it been down?
Pics of bike would help also.

#4 ·
Welcome to dotnet..
what year is the bike? If it's been well taken care of, dont worry about the mileage. Honda reliability. Ironically... Jared (another member here) has an F4i pushing 250k.

How much damage? Has it been down?
Pics of bike would help also.

its never been down, looks super clean and it is an 07. i have a pic but on my phone.
Yo! welcome bro!. I have a 2008 and I just his 23,000 miles on it and I bought mine in April of this year with 10000 miles on it. I think your going to be fine. My bike runs great and I haven't had any problems with the engine.
thanks!

I'd worry enough to care if it was over 200,000 miles...anything before that with proper maintenance, drop in the ocean :shakehand

For anyone buying honda's:

Honda will honour recalls for life so if bothered take the vins to a honda dealer and check all recalls served on the vehicle, buy servicing your bike elsewhere you miss out on being told and having it done for free, I was chatting about this with a honda dealer the other day, if you go to Suzuki they're not legally obliged to check for recalls, so another reason to service your bike as per the schedule with Honda.

If somebody had 60k miles on their bike, and the entire servicing schedule was stuck to with a honda dealer, i'd look at his bike more than I would a 10k mile bike that's never been taken in to honda and the wannabe mechanic has been doing it himself...

I'm only at 15.5k myself but at 16k honda will get my bike for a check, I'm 3rd owner but I'm already over a 3rd of the mileage on this bike(only just) but im still rollin so it'll increase!...
it also worries me that he said he is a 3rd owner there for i would be the 4th. he said it was well taken care of the whole life, but i would have no way of knowing how true that actually is..

#3 ·
Yo! welcome bro!. I have a 2008 and I just his 23,000 miles on it and I bought mine in April of this year with 10000 miles on it. I think your going to be fine. My bike runs great and I haven't had any problems with the engine.

#6 ·
If you're worried about it then keep looking for another bike. Something will pop up.

I wouldn't think twice if it was a good enough deal on a bike that was properly maintained with a good service history.

Good luck.
i shouldnt say im worried about it. Its just everyone always say 20k on a bike is to much yada yada.. this would be my 3rd bike, all my other bikes i made sure i bought with low miles. But i dont see how i am to pass up a 07 for 3800 that is very clean just because it has 25k miles on it.

#8 ·
I'd rather have a bike that was well maintained for 25k than a bike with 3k that sat in someone's garage for a few years and wasn't kept up with.

If the bike or the seller seems shady, walk away and find somethin else because you seem a bit worried by it.

If not snatch that thing up. It's a good deal on what is hopefully a good bike.

#9 ·
Yea man Hondas will run forever if they are properly maintained. Maybe you could have the guy bring it to a dealer with you and have it checked out - shouldn't cost a whole lot. If the condition of the bike is a dealbreaker and he needs to sell ASAP I'd think he would do it.

#10 ·
If possible ask him to take off the fairing so you can check the headlight tabs and make sure they are still there. When I bought my bike the guy zip tied them to the bike. They were perfectly leveled out and everything but I didn't know until I took the fairing off a month later. Asking him to take it to the shopping would be a bad idea either. It would give you a peace of mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.