Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

first attempt at stoppies

5K views 29 replies 24 participants last post by  LanCo Rider 
#1 ·
well first attempt on my cbr600r. did maybe 3-4 on my old sv650, it had a gsxr front end on it tho and those brakes seemed to send it right up. cbr took me some practice

here's a couple shots, nothing special just some slow rolls.

i know i know, i wasn't wearing gear i'm dumb. i was already having a heat stroke without it (it was 118 today) pavement would've felt even more awesome tho... :banghead:

anyways...

little too fast with the camera

my buddy on his '98 cbr600

See less See more
#3 ·
your legs are going to appreciate you when you drop it man ;)

#5 ·
may as well cancel your insurance, with this evidence in the public domain they will think twice before paying for any claim.

anyway i take my hat off to you. I do no thave the guts nor the money to risk that

#8 ·
i wasn't planning on doing any, i just went to take pics for my buddy. then he wanted me to try some so i just did a couple super low speed ones, if i had dumped it i would've only been going like 5mph, he was going a lot faster doing rolling stoppies

it was stupid tho, shouldn't have done it without gear/sliders.

#18 · (Edited)
they were on the bike when i got it, but i'm guessing they were some kit he bought

I don't think I will ever have the balls to try a stoppie...

Seen too many bikes land on the rider after going over too far, looks crazy.

I don't even know how you can do this?, I have grabbed a handful of front brake and locked the wheel with a nasty little skid before I let go one time in a panic brake situation. The bike didn't stand up at all...

Anyways, gear up and be safe!

they're not super hard, just dont go for the gold on your first attempt. start out getting only a couple inches off the ground and work up, that way you know how much brake you need. the first couple trys you probably wont even get off the ground at all if you're taking it easy, you'll just come to a quick stop. IMO its better to start that way than to grab the sh*t out of the brakes the first try and fly

here's two other guys i ride with, i'll never take my bike this high, just asking for trouble. (not that going up at all isn't... lol)

does your buddy have any sexy tats? like you? post pics plz!
yup, no pics, sorry ****.

#14 ·
I don't think I will ever have the balls to try a stoppie...

Seen too many bikes land on the rider after going over too far, looks crazy.

I don't even know how you can do this?, I have grabbed a handful of front brake and locked the wheel with a nasty little skid before I let go one time in a panic brake situation. The bike didn't stand up at all...

Anyways, gear up and be safe!

#15 ·
In my humble opinion, being able to pull a stoppie should come natural from learning to stop fast AND effectively.

It may not utilize the back brakes effectiveness... But if your stopping to where your back tire lifts even a little and skids up and off the ground repeatedly your using your front brakes as much as possible with out flipping....

At least that helps me sleep at night.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#22 ·
hey congrats...impressive for first attempts...what tire pressure do you run up front... today i also tried for the first time but didn't go that far..maybe 7-8 inches at best (pun unintended) anywhore.. front tire locked a couple of times and started going sideways..scared the crap out of me.. pavement was fine and clean so I assume tire pressure maybe too high? i'm running 34-36 psi..what would be more appropriate? how low should i go?

also i notice the rear lifts up progressively and accelerating-ly? forcing me to panic and let go... bringing it down harshly..how should i go with the brakes? progressively increasing?..harsh then progressively letting go?..or does it involve lots of balancing/feathering that comes with practice..

#24 ·
Maybe get some inspiration or technique from a couple friends of mine? This was taken from my super awesome phone early this year..lol

Enjoy! :shakehand

#29 ·
Baby puppies by the dozens get put down everytime you stunt on public roads with no gear :'(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.