Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

How many of you from Toronto want to go to Tail Of The Dragon together?

4K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  iGraywolf 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Im from Toronto, Just wondering if anybody is interested to got to the Tail Of The Dragon during the summer for a week. I've been there 5 times with my s2000 guys from toronto and im addicted. But this year i plan on going with the CBR. Would any of you be interested to go?

Here are some pictures.

Loading up my friends bikes.

See less See more
#20 ·
My friend and I are gonna be joining the 2013 Deals Gap Forums Convention along with the R1 and other Motorcycles. Open to all Bikes.

For you guys actually considering here is all the info on the trip

ALL UPDATES WILL BE RIGHT HERE ON THIS POST

This is the kick-off of the OFFICIAL 2013 DEALS GAP Forums Convention Thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL SIGN UP + CHAT THREAD on the event:

OFFICIAL Dates:
  • Monday June 9, 2013 - Sunday June 16, 2013
This thread will be reserved for info and convention talk. The convention is open to all ALL RIDERS and ALL kinds of motorcycles. Our small convention has grown over the years and we do ask that you send your complete details (screen name if you have one) and the amount of people and there names that are coming with you.

Optional Accommodations:
  • Convention T-shirts - $25 each.

Paypal Funds shall be sent to DanQ at DanQ@SoFastSoClean.com. If you have any questions Dan or myself can answer them anytime. Make sure you include your complete info when signing up (full real names + screen names of people attending and that you clearly identify that the funds are for the convention deals gap trip).

Here are the details to date:

Nightly gatherings Monday-Friday will be posted on this thread and at the Convention's official website CHECK BACK IN A FEW DAYS - Each year Yamaha usually sponsors Dinner on Saturday. If you can't come the whole week at least try and get there by Wed or Thursday through Sunday. The whole area is unbelievable during the week when things aren't as crowded.

Place: Deal's Gap
Lodging: Nanthala Village

Link to Convention Transportation Thread. Have space in your vehicle, or looking to split the ride with someone, click here.

LODGING: We do get discount rates, but you MUST tell Nantahala Village you are with the Yamaha R1 Forum Group to get the discount rates and so that they put you with us. When calling I suggest that you speak with:

Kate Parkerson
General Manager
Nantahala Village
9400 Hwy 19 West
Bryson City NC 28713
Phone: 828-488-9000 x203

Email: info@nantahalavillage.com
Web: nantahalavillage.com (still under construction)

Make your reservations early. IT WILL FILL UP!!! Discounted reservations will be in effect if you reserve by paying one night before Feb. 28, 2013. In the event that the resort fills up there is camping and lodging nearby. Booking early ensures you are with the group at Nantahala :yesnod

#21 ·

/ Some information about the move to this new resort - Location is 23 miles from our old resort (Fontana Village). You pull out of Nantahala (go left) - .3 miles and take a left onto HWY 28 then onto Fontana in 22 miles. This just adds 22 miles of scenic roads to get to the gap.

The location is 2 miles from the Nantahala Outdoor Center (the largest rafting area in the state!). Bryson City is just 5 miles up the road and there quite a bit more "family friendly" activities making this place more accessible for attendees to bring family members (and have a good time).

Included with our stay is a mountain view gathering deck that is pretty nice and a HUGE covered pavilion area that we can fit a couple hundred people under if needed. There is micro breweries close, white water rafting, zip lines, jet boating, plenty of places to eat close bye, horseback riding, spa... etc... This is going to be an AWESOME year! - Shane/

Look at their website and inquire with them, by phone, to make your choice.

They have blocked off a large amount of cabins and lodge rooms for us. So start making reservations as soon as you can. After February 28th, 2013 they will be released to the general public and WILL sell out. SO GET YOUR RESERVATIONS MADE ASAP!!! You can hold your room by calling now and booking the dates and a down payment (one night).

Pricing References (does not show all cabins): - See attachment images for cabin descriptions and facility map. Rates listed below are per night. Weekly reservations take precedence over short stays.

• King Lodge room | $105 early | $112 late | 5 available = Sleeps 2
  • 2 Queen Lodge room | $105 early / $112 late | 5 available = Sleeps 4
  • Deluxe King Room | $116 early / $124 late | 1 available = Sleeps 2
  • Fireplace Suite w/o loft | $113 early / $120 late | 2 available = Sleeps 2
  • Fireplace Suite w/ loft | $124 early / $132 late | 2 available = Sleeps 4
  • 1 Bedroom Treehouse Cabin | $124 early / $132 late | 2 available = Sleeps 2
  • 2 Bedroom Treehouse Cabin w/o fp | $169 early / $180 late | 3 available | Sleeps 6-8
  • 2 Bedroom Treehouse Cabin w/fp | $161 early / $172 late | 4 available = Sleeps 6-8
  • 1 Bedroom Historic Cottage | $128 early / $136 late| 2 available = Sleeps 2
  • 4 Bedroom Historic Cottage – Tabor | $469 early / $500 late | 1 available = Sleeps 6
  • Mountain Suites Complete Floor Up | $255 early / $272 late | 2 available = Sleeps 8
  • Mountain Suites Complete Floor Down | $255 early / $272 late | 2 available = Sleeps 8

For the guys coming up as singles I would suggest getting together with other folks on the Forum and splitting the cost of a small or large cabin. There are gonna be several cabins available.

Everyone is welcome - but please realize that this group is made up with many types of riders of different skill levels and desires. This is not about getting together to race, or to drag other people into riding above their limits! Everyone is expected to ride at their own pace and have a good time!

REMEMBER: Deadline is May 1st, 2013 for all funds!!!

T-SHIRTS: PRE ORDER ONLY!! The shirt cost of $25 is included in the price above. If you don't want a shirt you aren't required to purchase one. But as stated above, they are pre order only, and we only buy a limited amount of extras. The design is never repeated.

PHOTOGRAPHY: There is NUMEROUS professional photo services in the area to capture your riding.

PRIZES: Of course we will have prizes like each year. These will be given out at the Yamaha dinner on Saturday night. You HAVE to be a member of the R1 Forum or R6 Forum and also on the definite list to be eligible for the Prize drawing.

We have some killer prizes every year so you need to make sure I put you on the definite list if you are coming. No maybes, WE said definite...please remember that.

Everyone can sign up by replying to this thread or sending a PM to myself or DanQ and we will put you on the list.

EMERGENCY CONTACT INFO: Everyone must fill out the sheet upon check-in at the reservation desk of the Nantahala Lodge.

Here are some of the events that will be held during the week.

Monday-Friday

Saturday
  • 9 am Group Picture at Nanthala Resort (with bikes)
  • 1 pm Annual Ride to Overlook
  • 6:30 pm is the Big Yamaha Sponsored dinner at Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort. The prize giveaway will be during this also.

Please contact myself or DanQ, to be put on the definite list:

Prizes are given out on Saturday night unless otherwise stated. To be eligible for prizes, you MUST BE PRESENT! There will be someone taking sign up entries for prizes on site during the dinner Saturday!

OFFICIAL EVENT ATTENDENCE LIST: (Paid members are marked)
  • SpidermanSS +3 (Paid)
  • DanQ (Paid)
  • Chuck Graves (Paid)
  • Kevap
  • Manowar (Paid)
  • Meister37 +1
  • Curby
  • BeaverPuncher
  • Sakibomb
  • molonlabe +1
  • StOber
  • Peg Grinder +1
  • firehawk2003
  • Skeeter
  • ShadyP
  • Darkangel
  • Olymp!A
  • ducatiWV
  • kynetguy +1

Event Sponsors:

Graves Motorsports
Yamaha Motor Corporation
Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort
Motorcycle.com

To become a sponsor for the 2013 event contact SpidermanSS

Video - From the 2011 event =

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.