Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

How to remove PAIR (Pulsed Secondary Air Injection) valve (write up by abadfish)

24K views 51 replies 37 participants last post by  nurdie 
#1 ·
#30 ·
You need to leave the center hose hooked up...

"Make sure to leave the crank case vent line in place. Blocking off this line will cause very bad things to happen. Leaving it open to the atmosphere will just cause a mess and dirt to get into the system. Just don't mess with it. You fucked the earth by pulling out the PAIR and SMOG systems, don't **** yourself as well by getting heavy handed with this plumbing thing."

http://www.peterverdonedesigns.com/600RRpairsmog.htm

#35 ·
I am thinking of doing this mod but do not want to tear the bike back down to do it since I just got it back together afterinstalling the pc3, wish I would of seen this 1st... but when I was reading the link I noticed the below statement, can any1 go into more detail on it????

While your in their, wouldn't it be better for performance, to go ahead and do the Klean air mod??

I did to my f4i, as well as my friends 600rr for more low end torque, and so I wouldn't have to worry about hydrolocking my motor when I lay it down..

Simply re-route the crankcase breather, to a T-line, that feeds to the pair valve.. That way crankcase gas goes to the exhaust, instead of the intake, increasing low end torque

#43 ·
I am thinking of doing this mod but do not want to tear the bike back down to do it since I just got it back together afterinstalling the pc3, wish I would of seen this 1st... but when I was reading the link I noticed the below statement, can any1 go into more detail on it????

While your in their, wouldn't it be better for performance, to go ahead and do the Klean air mod??

I did to my f4i, as well as my friends 600rr for more low end torque, and so I wouldn't have to worry about hydrolocking my motor when I lay it down..

Simply re-route the crankcase breather, to a T-line, that feeds to the pair valve.. That way crankcase gas goes to the exhaust, instead of the intake, increasing low end torque
After being in there, this would be very easy, just using the 2 hoses that come from the PAIR system and putting a T-line into the middle hose (crankcase vent) not sure about its effects on power but it would be very easy to do

#46 · (Edited)
Got mine done too

DIY - Short velocity stacks,

DIY - Air box mod (removal of resonator),

#44 ·
still waiting on the block-off plates from I<3mycbr

#48 ·
I know, I did the Air box resonator delete.
For the one you are talking about I just removed the bottom resonator and closed the hole.
Still thinking how I'm going to do this mod, thinking about using shrink wrap to close it up. How did you do it ??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.