Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

DAMN IT!!!! Now that is out of the way, hahaha

3K views 40 replies 20 participants last post by  DAMNitzHENRY 
#1 · (Edited)
DAMN IT!!!!

CRASHED TODAY!,

I was heading down an expressway, and had traffic in all the right lanes, my lane was clear until 2 cars deciding to come into it, one was right next to me, and I got to meet her fender,

upper and tail and no longer pretty custom,

fender is dust as well,

im okay, just pissed my plastics are broken,

some advice,

when in an accident take a deep breath and go sit on the curb for a moment, DO NOT GET UP AND GET OUT, ( I got her number and name but didnt stick around to do the report and all that, hence the advice below ) hahaha

adrenaline will make you think funny, so just chill,

i got up picked my cbr up like a bmx and pushed it to the side, started it and just rode off, telling the lady its okay I am okay, of course should have made her pay but all I could think is keep going,

now I see it was the fear of what just happened,

my body slammed into a 3000lb metal object and no scars blood or anything, so now I see my brain just saying get away, flea the traumatic event, hahaha,

then riding back to work, yeah I was on lunch,

started getting pissed cause my fairings are cracked,

UPPER AND TAIL,

other than that we are good,

RIDE SAFE OUT THERE< be cautious and know at any moment it can happen,

GOOD LUCK!!!

ILL BE riding tomorrow, and riding home today,

AINT NO TAKING ME DOWN!!! hahah

See less See more
#2 ·
glad to hear ur okay bro! as to the bike, the stuff u mentioned can be easily fixed, unlike if u were to have some scratches or broken bones - it definitely can happen at any moment, that's for sure... ride safe all!!!

#3 ·
Glad you're ok man. I just can't believe you rode off without getting her insurance or anything that could hold the other person liable. Fixing your bike is one thing, but when your back or neck starts hurting the day after, having her insurance would really help.
Pics of damage?

#8 ·
yeah thats why I at least got that,

Ill post some pics shortly, bike is outside, nothing major just cracked upper and tail, lower and mids untouched,

frame sliders FTW, hahaha

oh and I was geared up as usually

RS taichi jacket,

RS taichi pants,

PUMA BOOTS

A* GP PRO gloves

Scorpion Burst helmet,

#7 ·
I just didnt get the whole nine, police report and all that, I got her info but from what I see its about 200 bucks to fix it, just an upper and tail,

depending on if Motofans can shoot me a deal Ill be back to normal in about a month or 2,

she had some damage on her car so we both have issues now, hahaha,

Its all good, as long as I am good to go, and the bike rides Im happy, yeah sucks my plastics are cracked but we ride on, haha,

Be safe out there people, haha

#10 ·
Bikes can always get repaired or replaced our bodies on the other hand are not the easy to deal with I am glad to read you are ok bro time for some mods

#13 ·
That's what I'm saying!

Women are liars. How do you know she isn't filing a report on you right now saying you hit her? Now you've gotta fix your bike and her car!

And who do you think the law will believe? Nice law abiding old lady or a punk biker?

Its sad. But its the way it is. Anyone hits me I'm calling Barney. Its called covering your ass.

Sent from my XT907 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#18 ·
MOTOFANS!!!! Show how awesome of a vendor you are and hook a sore brother up, hahahahaha,

Whats the use of buying custom if one crash and the scheme is DUST!!!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE,

WE ARE RIDING< WOOOOOOOOOOO!

#20 ·
THEY DID AWESOME,

as you can see the mid didnt get touched and it flopped on that side,

when I turned around it was laying on that side, I grabbed the bars and wrenched it up, I checked out the mid and no damage ill post a closer shot of the frame slider so you can see what it did and how much it took,

overall they did their job, id get them for my others bikes in a heartbeat,

#31 ·
hahaha after gaining some distance to it, I should have just sat and chilled, for a moment at least, hahha, but yeah I look at accidents and close calls as LIFE CONFIRMATIONS!!!!! meaning your life was just confirmed HAVE A NICE DAY!, haha, otherwise you dwell on what could have happened, and I doubt the people who die are hearing, YOU COULD HAVE LIVED BRO, haha

those are some sweet fairings! maybe I'll swap out mine this winter for something like that. I've always liked white on CBR's

Hows the fitment on those? (from motofans correct?)
MOTOFANS YES CORRECT!, and Fitment was on!!!!, didnt have one issue installing the fairings, I will do a full build up video once I get replacement parts with I just got in a wreck what should I check out, HA, haha

I do like the "tri-color".
YUP!!!! My design, so I need to get it back in action,

good recovery, and glad to hear you are OK.

surprisingly minimal damage...!

manly reaction, and good "how to react" advice.

lady have ins?

probably worth checking into.....

scuffs are surprisingly $ to repair.....

and she did take you down on a major freeway!.

(could you have avoided it w/increased situation awareness?)

if ins pays.....

YES!!!, Could have def been avoided in many ways, but those ways also could have posed more danger, I usually am going faster than I was, but I was playing it cautious, that could have saved me right there, as when I hit it it was like a hard football tackle, only it was the front end of a car, not a person, haha, so that might have either saved my life or it could have been the reason I was even there,

if I was going faster though I think I might have had to deal with the person in front of this lady that came over at the same time causing her to react more quickly than she should have, I dont know what they were doing it was traffic on their side so maybe they were trying to get around like DAMN IT Im tired of waiting, HELLO RIDER!, haha,

cause I had a moment to grab the brake then BAM WEEEE, FEET HI!, PARTS< NOOOOOOOO, look behind me, LAYING ON HER SIDE!!! NOOOOO WAYYYY!! hahaha, then it was no blood no breaks start bike, BACK ON THE ROAD, now looking back it was fear making me leave, alone and just bang into a car and had the world flipped all around, hahah,

I ride in the morning, the whole reason why I have several 600RRs,

GOOD LUCK!

I know the feeling, when I was side swiped I reacted the same way. I got up and was fine but my bike was down for the count. Cracked my oil pan, therefore I had time to think about getting the police involved. If my bike had not of been leaking oil I probably would've just taken the number down and left too. Weird how we both felt the same way because of that adrenaline rush.

its the adrenaline, fear, kind of just piecing your mind together, and flight or fight, I was SUPER uncomfortable, haha sounds soo dumb you just smacked a 3K metal object, its not like you got a massage, hahaah, so yeah it was like uhhhh Im okay you okay, I can fix this looked about 200, then of course my deductible is 500, plus points and all that, screw it, see ya hahah,

now after a few hours I think as a rider we are entitled to a moment of rest, a moment to gather our minds again, walk off to the side and just gather yourself,

I did it when I pushed the bike to the turning lane and reset the BAS, but I didnt do it long enough I just got back to heading to work,

so yeah I ve got a write up in the works for how to CRASH, hahha, chime in with what you think it will be a good read Im sure, haha

thanks for the well wishes everyone, stats say this is going to happen, especially where I live, GEAR UP!!! is all I can say,

#29 ·
good recovery, and glad to hear you are OK.

surprisingly minimal damage...!

manly reaction, and good "how to react" advice.

lady have ins?

probably worth checking into.....

scuffs are surprisingly $ to repair.....

and she did take you down on a major freeway!.

(could you have avoided it w/increased situation awareness?)

if ins pays.....

#30 ·
I know the feeling, when I was side swiped I reacted the same way. I got up and was fine but my bike was down for the count. Cracked my oil pan, therefore I had time to think about getting the police involved. If my bike had not of been leaking oil I probably would've just taken the number down and left too. Weird how we both felt the same way because of that adrenaline rush.

#33 · (Edited)
Sorry about your getoff SuuScbr ....but glad you and the bike fared well! Get her cleaned back up and keep us posted. Maybe ask the 20yr old out on a date and never call her back to get back at her? :drunk:

#34 ·
Sorry about your getoff SuuScbr ....but glad you and the bike faired well! Get her cleaned back up and keep us posted. Maybe ask the 20yr old out on a date and never call her back to get back at her? :drunk:

bwahahahaha, you guys is funny, hahaha,

karma is alive and kicking, hahaha,

rode in today, brought yellow, funny i didnt know I was missing a bar end on this bike, hahaha,

other than the the ride was smooth,

damage report,

small bruise on my hip area, like the size of a nickel, other than that nothing a little sore here and there but not bad,

I will def keep you all posted, hahha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.