Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

SHAdoh's '07 CBR600RR

77K views 211 replies 88 participants last post by  dafobra 
#1 · (Edited)
Wassup 600rr.net members!!

New to the site, but not to the scene. This is my 2nd sportbike (previously owned an 1999 Yamaha R6) and been dreaming/wishing to get the 2007 Honda CBR600RR in Pearl White since it's debut! I'm glad to say that 2012 is my best year thus far! Got out of debt and was able to make the wish HAPPEN! I already have some "goodies" in mind of purchasing for my ride..so stay tuned! Here is how she stood when I picked her up @ January 29th, 2012....

:+1: The previous owner had the following items included..

~ Vortex white frame sliders (interchangeable)
~ CRG bar-end mirrors x2
~ Fender eliminator kit w/signal lights
~ Rear Honda Racing solo seat cowl (color matching)
~ Hot Bodies flush mount front turn signals (smoke)
~ Hot Bodies double bubble smoke windscreen
~ Color matched mirror block-off plates

*January 31, 2012*

Picked up some "goodies" from my local Temple City Powersports store

~ Front/Rear race stands
~ Progrip reflective white wheel stripe tape
~ Vortex spools (black)
~ Battery Tender plug (already have the charger unit)

* February 1st, 2012 *

Got some more "goodies" from TST Industries

~ TST Industries Integrated smoke tail lights
~ TST Industries shorty brake/clutch levers set
~ TST Industries LED license plate light

I didn't however agree with the red accent(right) The ONLY color they come in!, so I took off the anodize & went with the raw look (left)

* February 5th, 2012 *

Did an Oil Change, topped-off the fluids (radiator & brake), and got F/R new tires! Dunlop Q2 Sportmax

Found a polished brake reservoir cap from my scooter, so I used it for the rear

* February 9th, 2012 *

Ordered some frame plugs from Lawst Caws

* February 15th, 2012 *

I wanted to upgrade comfort for the rides on her.. so I opted for a Saddleman Carbon Fiber Track style Gel channel seat w/rear billion & Kuryakyn rubber-padded grips (its got wider grip, thus causing less hand fatigue/cramps)

See less See more
#177 · (Edited)
Feedback..

After going for a ride today... I am pleased to say that I feel SUPER comfortable on the bike now that it is lowered 1 inch :cruising:.. couldn't feel any difference between stock height versus my current set up except the sense of feeling lower to the ground. Turns and corners didn't change (I'm used to it since my scooter is lowered and extended)

Brakes had changed dramatically after switching out to the Spieglers. LOVE IT! (I didn't install the new EBC pads yet as I wanted to compare the "feel" vs. stock) :thumbup:

Lowered + SS braided brake lines = coming to a stop light AWESOME! :biggrin:

I've also tried different footing positions @ the rear sets.. I think I found a winner. :thumbup:

Also the paint on the down pipe started to cook "n" smoke.. it now looks super flat light-black.. none the less, still black..all good... but the 500 degree paint is a :gun1: FAIL! I think BBQ grill paint should hold up better

My next on the list to-do is to change out the seals @ the forks.. been like that since I bought it... so I guess that would be my next project to tackle... how fun :study:

EDIT: Picture added..

#178 ·
You lowered it? Do you still have the dog bone shaped part? I have a buyer looking for obe

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#181 · (Edited)
Nailed it! The front (CT027) comes w/a straight polished bracket, that you can bend to shape how you want the reservoir to sit. I bought them from PJ's Parts.. REAL good service!

GreatShamanGT said:
Can I ask where you got the adjustable kick stand? Also, do you think it's reliable? I heard some people say it wasn't

Picked that up from my local Motorcycle Shop... Temple City Powersports.. but you can try e-bay.. made by Yana Shiki

It looks good enough to support your bike.. just make sure to loctite the bolt... others are prolly saying it wasn't because they use the kickstand to turn the bike around while parked.. sucks that I cannot do that anymore.. I just don't trust placing all that weight on an aluminum kickstand to flip the bike around 180'..

So it depends on how you really use your kickstand... if your using it to ONLY keep the bike up when parked... then YES.. I think so

But if you use it to flip the bike around... then NO :cursin:(I hate that I lost this ability)

EDIT: It's the same one as for the CBR1000RR... same everything.. except you may need to make the hole bigger to fit the 600rr bolt (you'll know what I'm talking about once you take the task on!) GL

#187 ·
* 12/21/2012 *

Wasn't about to either... put the stock cap back on or leave it bare... so I found an aluminum triple tree center cap cover from 58 cycle <--- link

Now they ONLY sell this style in a polished finish... so I had made a visit to my boys shop to get it anodized black..

the cockpit area now.... COMPLETE!

~ I also made a visit to my bolt store to get some better bolts for the tree (they smaller too..see pic)

* 12/24/2012 *

Where she sleeps at home...

_ :christmas: _

_

#189 · (Edited)
Preparing...

* 1/5/2013 *

During the "lowering" job... after I removed the last bolt to the tree... the whole front end friggen dropped on me! The webbing of my hand (thumb to index finger) caught inside the sleeve of the bottom tree.. I was in much pain, and thought since I do ALOT of work on my own bike... might as well get the front triple tree stand...

Since I lowered the front end.. I can't use this stand unless I take off the fender (learned the hard way! Scratched the fender a lil'.... SHAdoh indeed lol )

* 1/8/2013 *

Ordered a new seal kit for the forks... read that these are the best... also picked up OEM Honda fork fluid since my parts guy recommended I stick with..(based on my riding?)

* 1/10/2013 *

Tools to help with the fork seal job...

---->purchased @ E-bay...
~ Fork Oil Level Gauge
~ Traxxion Dynamics Fork compress kit
~ 41mm Fork Seal Driver
~ 41mm seal bullet (blue)

#190 ·
More Protection??

* 1/12/2013 *

Wanted to add some more protection for the bike... Since I was thinking about chain adjusters... I thought why not go with Axle Block Sliders.. DING DING!!

Driven Axle Block Sliders (Black)

* 1/17/2013 *

I've had these on my mind for sometime, but was thinking about getting some kind of see through covers... since I couldn't really find any, I said screw it and order the GB Racing covers.. got them from Super Bike Supply

#191 ·
Reactions: SHAdoh
#193 ·
Great purchase. You will certainly not be disappointed with the engine covers as they look great when fitted and offer loads of protection.
No kidding I love mine even though my ride is totally different a 675R the quality is premium like Ryan stated :cruising:

#195 ·
* 2/17/2013 *

During the install of the GB covers.. I broke one of the bolts.. and it took me this long to finally grab the broken bolt out and replace w/ a new one... been busy with my "Home Improvement Project(s)" since end of January.. so here she is...

I didn't have a socket for the rear axle nut.. so I had to make a run down to Autozone to pick up a 32mm socket.. after that.. the install took 10 min total... torqued to spec (helps when you have a torque wrench!:thumbup:

How she sits as of 2/20/2013..

I still need to replace the fork seals... but last Sunday I picked up my 1st BRAND NEW car! Of course.. a HONDA!!!

so farewell to my dear Civic of 10yrs ownership... :salute:

#196 ·
Fork Oil & Dust Seals job

*5/28/2013*

Placed an order for "my weight" front fork springs.. I wanted to suit the suspension according to my 140lb weight.. and since I'm tearing it apart... why not?

*6/1/2013*

At long last.. I forced myself to push on and carry out this project! My new car is at where I want it to look.. so now I can better focus on my baby once again...

The install job was actually not that bad at all... (20 min for each fork tube).... of course with the right tools... *THANK YOU HARBOR FREIGHT!!*

TIP: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=106639 (see post #162)

In comparison... the Race Tech spring is longer than the stock spring.. making the height a bit higher.. --> fix: raise fork tubes higher @ triple clamps

Once she was back together, I took her out for a spin to try out the springs.. feels better, but I think I need to replace the rear too to match!

#198 · (Edited)
New Rotors Project

I was feeling the need for a change... perhaps temporary? WAAASSS saving up some money for some new hoops package... but tossed that out the window after buying a new car... so I opted for another route instead... also easy @ wallet too!

* 6/6/2013 *

Plasti-Dip white came in cannot find locally, so I ordered it instead.. ebay of course

(I should have bought 4 dammit... I could have made the coating a bit thicker... doh!!)

* 6/7/2013 *

Been hearing pretty good reviews about China rotors.. also my scooter sports one for 2 yrs now...so I fell victim into making the move... so I sort-of researched an ebay auction item... and found many of the Super Street Bike Magazine builders had used this specific brand from China.. Sh!t.. I thought if its good enough for them.. its good enough for me! lol

Brand: Arashi Brake

Front & Rear Wave Rotors

* 6/8/2013 *

Since I'm about to paint the wheels.. I thought why not finally install slowboyracing's valve stems?!?! So I took the wheels off, grabbed the valve stems and headed out to Temple City Power Sports (TCPS). Got those installed thanks to the "Hook-ups" there lol

While @ TCPS, I picked up some rear brake pads... since I'm installing a NEW rotor and all...

Once that was done, I headed home to prepare for paint! De-grease then wiped down with rubbing alcohol & mask for over spray (makes cleaning/peeling easier!)

* 6/9/2013 *

Masked up & Wiped down! READY!

Sprayed!... (had to wait till Night.. it was very breezy during the day!)

During the in-between coating intervals... I installed the brake pads and cleaned the calipers/pistons too..

Front IN!

Rear IN!

#199 ·
New Look!

* 6/10/2013 *

I allowed the paint to dry over night before the peeling process... Since I wanted a different look compared to a COMPLETELY painted wheel.. I wanted to make the rotors look more flowing with the wheel @ the center (look at pics to understand what I mean)

Behind the scenes: in case you wondered how plasti dip can work.. I used a sharp razor blade to follow the lines for a better tear-away..

End Result:

* 6/13/2013 *

Couldn't finish assembling her because I snapped 2 freaking rotor bolts @ front! doh! But after $5 per bolt later from TCPS... she is DUN!!

Front End:

Rear End:

So with the center staying black... the rim kinda looks like its floating?!?

Final Pics...

So now I can officially say that EVERY SINGLE ITEM that was posted/purchased for Kasandra is INSTALLED!! I guess the next thing needed is chain/sprocket...

#206 ·
Arashi Rotors

I've hadn't really ridden too much lately... my back injuries from my ARMY days have been acting up on me recently.. but on & off I have been for short runs.. I've noticed that it stops QUICK! like real grabby.. so I gotta watch how hard I grab the brake lever

I wasn't really getting them for performance for-say.. I was more leaning towards the looks of it... I wanted wave rotors, plain & simple... heard China brands held up GREAT @ the tracks thanks to a fellow member.. so went ahead w/purchase & saved a butt-load of money! (originally I wanted BRAKING)

Not sure if the "making" process is the same... or even the material.... but for $250 a set (x2 Front & x1 Rear)... it's a "no brainer" for me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.