289K views 914 replies 357 participants last post by  qteter 
#1 ·
I saw the red and black thread and got jealous ha heres mine

Lets see em!

See less See more
#827 ·
finally.......

something to report

did a race weekend, followed up w/a trackday to shake down the bikes. honda never saw any tracktime over the weekend due to lousy inconsistent drizzle the n.w. is so famous for. so i had to spoil it as much as feasible w/motocorsa monday running mostly advanced sessions. 'a' group, which is typically a number of riders riding beyond my comfort zone for 'track day' pace were no problem this time. apparently the tyres are capable of leading that group; as i had two separate riders, one being a professional/as well as lead instructor w/various race schools @ one time, & the person running control (letting bikes on & off course) told me i lead the field for several laps ie more than 4 laps. behind me was an rsv4 well tuned but stock motor/zx10s built/gix1ks built a few/r6s mostly built some stock engine etc etc all 'very' experienced riders, mostly racers or former racers that might as well be professional. on these tyres w/very controlled lean angle if i'm capable of carrying enough pace to keep this level of rider behind me on significantly less rwhp must be pretty decent. i still need to get them dialed in though as when carrying more lean angle felt like i was getting chatter so backed off. one of the tyre guys says it's either air pressure or suspension so possibly tweaking w/the shock & forks might correct the chatter but i think it's too much air. so @ this point no actual race pace testing, but the pace i was riding @ maybe 80=85% race pace, they were more than adequate & likely worth testing for other member. i did 150 track miles & was hitting speeds over 170 indicated lap after lap :cruising:
still negotiating tyre supplier this season though, so not sure i'll be running dunlops or trying to do what i was planning.

this coming weekend will determine which brand i end up racing on. racing @ the ridge & will be my 1st time @ that track. weather looks ideal & bikes are running strong :banger: i might end up running the 6rr just to get familiar w/the bike @ higher pace than trackday & if i haven't burned up the tyres friday afternoon will race on them @ least once :thumbup:

#786 ·
Been busy this past month, sold my green '09 & finally got my white '07 project bike almost stock 10/5 with ASV shortie levers, Akrapovic CF rear hugger & heat shield cover, and the deal maker/key piece you can't seem to buy anymore & I've been searching for... Watsen Designs Flushmounts with running lights! LOL the hardest part to find & I've been searching for, WooHoo!

Homecoming pic:

Humble beginnings, aka the BEFORE pic:

Since then, been busy with mostly aesthetic mods along w/ Akra bits & CF trim. It's been rainy in Seattle/Pacific NW, so bike's been on the stands being upgraded as parts arrive. Started with black reflective shadow wings (black in daylight, reflective silver at night), adds a sharper edge to the graphics & improved visibility at night. Then, custom reflective red rim tape & custom reflective rim logos similar to Sincali's, but using red RRs. Reapplied the OEM CBR Racing midfairing decals (previous owner debadged) to tie in the red highlights. Tripage treatment w/ IT, fender eliminator/plate illuminated bracket, LED relay, powdercoated passenger pegs. Mounted Bridgestone S20s from Motomummy.

Credit to Shadoh for the custom seat design (via Luimoto), added the red RR to to tie-in red highlights. Puig smoked DB. Added the $$s but ohh so sexy looking & sounding Akrapovic exhaust. Carbon fiber front fender, and tank lower panels. Techspec C3 tank grips. Driven Limited Ed. White D3 grips, and black custom bar ends w/ silver RRs.

Then added CBRKP & Armon's amazing S2K clear lens dual projectors, along with my PIAA 6000K D2S bulbs from my last Audi S4.

Pic from today w/ the last CF bits installed.

Props to Brian/MOTY Design for turning my custom gauge LED mod in a day, no more ugly amber display!

New Akra & Tripage IT cuz they're so SEXY!

I think I'm done modding for this month. Got my eye on a Power Commander next (PC III or PCV... hmmm?) but my wallet's pretty empty. ; ) Safe riding & happy modding... Cheers!

Reactions: Nuttynu
#788 · (Edited)
OK... sorry for the threadjack... But I guess since the MDX is white also... LOL. Here's another with more of the MDX shown when I brought the bike home:

And another from the back when I was loaded down coming back from Whistler earlier this summer with all the kids' bikes... had to stop at the Sonic. Yum...

Earlier last year prior to a camping trip, kinda hard finding pix of the car.

ADRs, forget the model but 20s w/ Yokohama Parada Spec-X all season performance tires. Nice setup IMO...

Cheers...

#790 ·
Thanks, love the seat look as well, & really sets off the bike. However, credit actually goes to Shadoh for the original custom design of the main rider seat, I just modified it for the Red RR highlights. Passenger seat is the standard available called Tribal Blade. Would probably look pretty sweet in red...

Patrick Luimoto was awesome to work with, and top quality as you may have heard. He turned the seatcovers in about a week even with the custom design I requested.

http://www.luimoto.com/?s=22

Cheers & ride safe!

#802 ·
Yea looks good is there one between the rider and tank as well? I'm looking for something other than the cheap looking "progrip" flebay ones.

#804 ·
Yea I've seen them. My bike came with a Harris and some joker print, looks stupid. I may just go with the clear cheapo. Thanks though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.