Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

JWRusk 2007 CBR600RR Build

125K views 746 replies 129 participants last post by  JWRusk 
#1 ·
I keep posting new things up all the time, I figure I start a build thread.
First photo is the first day i got the bike.

Attachments

See less See more
#396 ·
No I haven't sold it yet. My next bike is a 2012 1000RR ABS in Red

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#401 ·
Yes they fold back. Way better then the stock mirrors. They actually lock in when putting them back.

#403 ·
So J you've decided on the '12 CBR1K in Red then ;) any bites on your bike yet? it will be hard for me not to buy a new bike next year, but the more i think about it the more i want to hold on to my bike, well at least for 1 more season :) my list is still the same
CBR1K, Day 675R (lookn forward to seeing the '13) and the Duc is still lingering, hoping to do a few ride days next year!

#404 ·
Its definitely the next bike. Question now is when im getting it. Because im having second thoughts of selling my bike.haha

#405 ·
I totally understand why you're having second thoughts lol
You put so much hard work into it and it does look sick!

I really like the Daytona 675 too. Sturgess had one 2011 left in stock earlier this year and was getting rid of it at a very good price. It was still a bit over my already inflated budget, so I elected to think with my head instead of my impluses.

I'm very happy with the CBR though.

#407 ·
It's a plague on this site. You can not run from it.

#413 ·
Painted the dials on my levers a brighter red. Rather than a a anodized red

#420 ·
Mods this winter-

Tripage LED passenger Pegs(the ones on mine are just not what i wanted)
Spiegler Brake Lines
GIpro DS or Acumen Gear indicator
BMC Carbon Air Filter
Corbin Seat
Plasti Dip Belly cowl Flat black

#421 ·
haha, well im keeping mine for at least 1 more season anyways :p after that ill see. Good list there man, Are you sure you want the Corbin vs Saddlemen or even the newer Zero Grav. id like a seat eventually, maybe ill get one ride up to Wasaga then return it lol
ZG believe you can get the stitching in colors?

Saddlemen

#424 ·
The Corbin one is the best. My brother has one on his bike. Feels great

#429 ·
Great job bro! It looks awsome, I can't wait to paint my sub frame as well, just afraid how long could it last?
i did it over a year ago, and it still is looking good

#430 ·
#432 ·
Thanks, here is another question, maybe silly or obvious, how did you do the lite coating, what is that mean? You said that is the key, and what paint were you used on the rearset? And how? thank you very much!
It is how it sounds. Spray enough that its lightly covered and let dry for 10 mins. Then move onto the next coat. The point is that it drys properly and doesn't drip or run. Each coat you do, let dry for 10 mins. But once you have painted enough coats that equals to an hour(6 coats) then you let dry for 3 hours. After that you can touch it and store it somewhere it won't be bothered or ruined. Because it needs a week to properly dry/cure. That is the Key. The instructions are on the back of the spray can if you are still confused.

As for the spray paint I used on my rear sets. It is Dupli-colors Hi-Build fleet coating spray paint.

The cap on the spray can indicates the color if its gloss, flat or whatever.

#434 ·
#437 · (Edited)
I just trying to start painting last night, but I got a problem for removing the rear brake pedal, I couldn't took it apart from the brake line, and I just afraid to screw it up, what can I do about it? And do I need remove the plastic on top of the subframe? Now it all stucked damn... Why you guys did I it so easily?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.