Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Squidish or not?

9K views 65 replies 37 participants last post by  Ldn 
#1 ·
I was walking around my local bike shop looking for a few parts that I knew they wouldn't stock, and I came across the "Speedmetal Wheel Stripe" so I went ahead and grabbed 'em. (I removed all the decals from my Graffiti ed. and am going to do red accents through my bike and I really like the look of the rims from the R6 Raven.)

So the question... What is your first impression when you come across a bike with these on these stripes on the rims?

After getting one strip on I immediately took it off... 60s to apply, 20 minutes to remove.

#17 ·
rim tape is awesome, IMO makes stock wheels look tons better - and also does help keep you more visible at nite if you get the reflective kind...

#21 ·
Like everyone else said, rim tape rocks! It's a very cheap mod that you can do quickly and it just helps bring the bike together as a whole. Not to mention the benefits of having a reflective surface on your bike at night. Nothing squiddish about improved safety. :thumbup:

#23 ·
nite shot

#25 ·
I don't know. I got it on last night and first thing that popped in my head were those ricers driving **** civics with holes in their mufflers and every sticker they could find slapped on the side to add HP.

I'll give it another go tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#28 ·
I'm a bit irritated right now. I got all the tape put on and remember how I said I got it put in the first rim (1 side)... Well now I dot have enough to finish and I'll have to go buy another roll on Friday.

I got my back rim done and all except for about a 3" portion on my left front.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#30 ·
Yesterday I did one side of my back rim then took it off cause I didn't like the way it looked. So I pretty much did this too myself, otherwise I would have had enough.

#36 ·
Wouldn't think they would bug you about it. Its reflective and adds visibility. If they do give you crap for it then tell them to remove the stickers from their squad since they are reflective as well

Sent while traveling the world

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.