#1 · (Edited)
Rizzo's Build Thread
Motorcycle: 2003 Honda CBR 600RR
Color: Pearl Yellow
Modifications: None
Mileage: 3,847
Purchase Date: December 18th, 2009
Other: Early Christmas Gift

This is the build thread for my very first bike, a 2003 Honda CBR 600RR. The bike was purchased with 3,847 miles and no modifications. Enjoy this Build thread and see the links attached to see mods installed.

First Day

Finally Home

Current

Mod List With Links

Handling, Performance & Acceleration
- Michelin Power Pure's 180/55 (1)
- Dynojet Power Commander III USB (Custom Tuned)
- Yoshimura RS5 Slip On (1, 2)
- Michelin Power Pure's 190/55 (1, 2, 3, 4)
- EBC HH Pads (1, 2)
- EK MVXZ 520 Black Chain & Driven -1 +2 520 Black Sprocket Kit (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Speedo DRD
- BMC Race Air Filter
- Fren Tubo Stage Tier 3 White Brake Lines (1, 2, 3)
- Galfer SBK Front Rotors

Appearance
- Clear Alternatives LED Integrated Tail Light
- OEM Solo Cowl (1, 2)
- Flush Mounts
- Driven D3 Black Grips (1, 2)
- Pro Grip P5005 Tank Guard
- Rizoma Bar Ends
- Crash
- China Fairings (1, 2)
- Corbin Seat (1, 2, 3, 4)
- TMW Gas Cap
- FP Racing Shorty Levers
- Motofansclub White Repsol Fairings (1, 2, 3)
- Marchesini Rear 17x6 (1, 2, 3, 4)
- Rizoma Barracuda (1, 2)
- Evo-Tech Steering Stem Nut
- Tripage Adjustable Tag Bracket (1, 2, 3)
- Tripage Flash Relay
- Woodcraft Adjustable Rear Sets
- Slowboy Rear Res Cover (1)
- Slowboy Black Key
- Gilles VCR Rear Sets (1, 2)
- Driven D3 White White Limited Edition Grips (1, 2)
- Rizoma Axle Sliders (1, 2, 3)
- Woodcraft Swing Arm Sliders (1, 2)
- Retro Solutions H7 Projects with Audi LEDs (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Powder Coated Rear Passenger Pegs (1, 2)
- 1CarbonTech Carbon Fiber Ram Covers, Side Tank Panels & Exhaust Shield( 1, 3, 4)
- Marchesini Front Rim (1, 2, 3, 4)
- 90 Deg. Valve Stems
- HRC Valve Stem Caps
- Street Skins Custom Front & Rear Seats (1, 2)
- Seat Pins
- Rear Res Delete
- Lawst-Caws Frame Plugs
- Scorpio i900 Alarm

Other
- Learning the Clutch Ways
- First Ride
- Crash
- Photo-Shoots (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
- Oil Change
- 2013 MSU Racing Car / Bike Show
- Random Rides (1)

See less See more
#1,325 ·
Definitely jealous of those rims. you fix that halo yet?

#1,326 ·
Not yet, have to figure it out this winter, my buddy cbr6racr who did them is going to try and help me fix it. If its the halo ring burned out idk what I'll do. I bought them for it and if ones burned out It was all for nothing. We will figure it out I'm sure.

Sent via iPhone 4s

#1,329 ·
Not yet, have to figure it out this winter, my buddy cbr6racr who did them is going to try and help me fix it. If its the halo ring burned out idk what I'll do. I bought them for it and if ones burned out It was all for nothing. We will figure it out I'm sure.

Sent via iPhone 4s
Have you ruled out the inverter as the cause for the halo not working?
I installed some in my stock housing and they stopped working the next day. I tried using a spare inverter and luckily they started working again.

#1,336 ·
Well sunday was probably my bikes last ride for the season. Snowed yesterday, but didn't stick. Going to wash it, put it on stands and wait till spring to ride.

#1,338 ·
That is a good question. I am going to install my Lawst Catz Frame Plugs, try and fix the broken halo, and I may find some OEM plastics. I need a nose, Tail and front fender. After I find them I might have them dipped in a graphics style. not sure what I want yet though.

#1,339 ·
wow man a lot of time and effort spent on this one and it shows. Great job and great looking bike!

#1,358 ·
Just gave you my love, appreciate the assistance you've been and the positive contribution here. Plus, despite the fact that I'm a "GO BLUE" guy, I gotta show my MI guys respect!

I did browse as first as to which bike I'd personally ride, and man the current BOTM does it for me.

#1,363 · (Edited)
Before I forget I want to wish my bike a happy 4 year anniversary with me this month. It's been a long road that involved a crash 4 days after I got my licenses to ride, modification hassles (chad can confirm), good trips up north to Holland, Silver Lake and plenty of memories made.

This was my first street bike, and it's been a great bike to me. I hope to have a new look on it before spring 2013 rolls around. Thanks everyone who has helped me with questions, finding parts and to my local Michigan riders for putting up with my "slow" riding. Below is what I think is the timeline through the years of ownership, I could be wrong, but it sure has been fun!

First day

????

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#1,365 ·
Nope I have asked a couple people about it, I got the idea from another member who did his bike. I bought or have about all the oem plastics I need except a nose and solo cowl.

I'm going to repair fairings as needed, plasti dip them white, then have my buddy custom do a design out of sharpie. my whole bike will be done minus the ram covers because they are cf.

Once my buddy is done we will then clear all the pieces. This allows me to not have to pay money to paint them and is a way to put clear over the drawings.

They will be random designs yet flow throughout the bike kinda like the carwinski lambo seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#1,372 ·
well bike is under the cover still, start it up some days to just hear it run.

the whole sharpie idea probably wont happen soon, still looking for an upper.

#1,373 ·
Rizzo's Build Thread

Well my bike maybe getting a carbon fiber rear huger and chain guard from bikenights on eBay who got me my cf ram covers, side tank panels and exhaust shield.

I may even do just a cf tail and huger if the price is right.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.