Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

PCV vs Bazzaz Autotune? 2009 6rr

5K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  motomummy 
#1 ·
Hey guys I've searched the forums and I haven't been able to find any info on how effective the autotune features are from these fuel controllers.

I'm about to purchase a full hyperflo system and was wondering whether or not it is most effective to just get the basic fuel controller and take it to the dyno or if PCV Autotune works wonders? I also read that the Bazzaz has AFM.
I saw there was a quick shift feature, what exactly does this feature do?
Experience with traction control effectiveness?
Is there a big difference or reason to buy a PCV over a Bazzaz? or vice versa?
Also plan on using the zBomb since I'm riding an 09 600rr

#3 ·
I use the Bazzaz Z-FI-QS with the AFM (autotune) on my race 07 600rr. It works great, good fueling and throttle responce. The quick shift feature momintarly cuts the injectors for aprox. 60ms, allows up shift while holding the throttle WFO, mostly for racing , no more chicken winging.

#12 ·
to start i have 07CBR with a full hyperflo system and a BMC race air filter. i also have a PCV tuned by Fornarelli Racing.

the quick shifter coupled with the PCV allows you to shift up with out rolling the throttle down or using the clutch. what happens is that the they momentarily cut the fuel and or ignition taking the load off the transmission. in theory this "could" save you split seconds.

It also comes with a launch controller which is kind of a nice feature

#15 ·
Remember to take out the sensor when your not using the autotune feature. It's not meant to be left in and it will burn up.

#16 ·
Sorry about the late reply.

Yes, with the Bazzaz ZAFM or the Dynojet Auto Tuner you won't need to take your bike to get it dyno tuned. You can do it yourself.

Is it as good as a dyno? Tricky question. If it's a street bike then yes, you'll be more then fine. The thing is that both are the same, yet different. A dyno and these auto tuners both have wideband o2 sensors that let you tune your bike very precisely. The kicker is this.

With the dyno it will tell you how smooth your power delivery is and what your max power is, what to tweak to get another hp or so. On the street this won't matter, but on the track if you're racing for a living 1 hp could be the difference between 1st and 2nd. However, on the dyno you're not really moving so your ram air isn't working so the tune it's "perfect" right off the bat. So neither is perfect, but if you do both it would be perfect and this is what race teams do. It's a bit spendy to gain 1-2 more hp for the average guy though so I would pick one or the other.

The other nice thing about the ZAFM or Auto tuner is that you can reuse it whenever you want so you don't have to pay for a dyno tune again when you change bikes, change your mods, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.