Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

HISS my buttocks honda

3K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Bridge_Jumper 
#1 · (Edited)
so..just after 17 quality days with my newly bought 09 600cbr only key goes missing. first i was ok wtvr... worst case scenario i'll get new keys for $100 tops..but after short call to the dealer and finding out my bike's sitting on a $1500 HISS bill i flipped out..turned the house and neighborhood over several times ..put out fliers with 100$ rewards...turned house over couple more times...nothing hired maid to turn house over +$50 rewards if she found it..no hope ....alas my hope is in the interwebs. (i dont have the key codes either)

EDIT:

Actually after spending long hours here and there..i am trying to round up my options before i decide..here's what i've got so far:

-Buy ecu+coded keys+new barrel+passengerlock+tank lock+cut keys new @ dealer: $1500
-Buy above used: $800
-Buy new ECU+keys and cut them to current lockset: $1200
-Buy above used: $600
-Buy recoded ecu+blank keys then cut them at dealer: $500
-Send ECU to those euro shops that recode them: $300
-Buy used Non-Hiss ECU + U.S. Loom and cut new keys: $160

what i understand so far is that there is no way around hiss without cracking that ecu box open..which right now is out of the question..so did i miss something?
is it really possible to get the keycode from somewhere around the barrel without the metal tag? or do i have to buy new lockset anyway?
I really want to keep HISS but those prices are just crazy..are you guyz 100% sure the dealer can't reprogram ECU ?
Any help is really appreciated..

EDIT II:
this happening at onset of riding season is pissing the hell out of me the other day i dismantled all fairings looking around for the key.. on a slightly-related topic..these keys have RFID tags right? is there a RFID scanner/detector that i can run around the house and bike to find the transponder on the key? a bit crazy but in principal possible..anyone has any ideas..A crazier idea maybe disconnet the hiss antenna and using some setup do something similar..any help pleaase...I am itching already...

EDIT III:
--inb4 stolen bike..will post picture..
--inb4 'haha 90 mph corners idiot lost keys already'
--AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

See less See more
#3 ·
Sorry to hear how good the on-board/built in security is (I guess). Times like this I am glad I ride an 04 with no security. Not ideal but I only do runs on the weekends, rest of the week it's locked up!
Hope you find a cost effective solution as $1500 is a crap load of dosh for losing a key.
Better yet, hope you find that key!

#6 ·
anyone please any ideas on this?
..so did i miss something?
is it really possible to get the keycode from somewhere around the barrel without the metal tag? or do i have to buy new lockset anyway?
I really want to keep HISS but those prices are just crazy..are you guyz 100% sure the dealer can't reprogram ECU ?
Any help is really appreciated..

#8 · (Edited)
I guess you can request the spare key from your dealership by providing your VIN and they inturn can request and look up for the key code. Else, you are out of luck my friend.
do they usually keep a single spare other than the two main copies when they sell a bike?..or they just give you one and keep a spare unless requested?..i am not the first owner but bought it from a shop who bought it from the owner ...i'll try tracking down both him and the original dealer for now

This post has been deleted
#15 ·
Before buying any ting try and track down the original owner its possible he might have the original key or the key code plate that comes with the bike when purchased from the dealer
At the same token call the dealer themselves and see if they can get you the key code .
The third option would be to call Honda and see if they would supply you with the key code I doubt that would work cause most of the time they will tell you contact your local dealer as such dealer would need proof that you are the rightful owner before supplying you with such info

Reactions: sameh90
#16 ·
the dealer was very reluctant to tell me anything about the keycode and tried very hard to convince me that the only way to get it started again was to buy the $1500 setup ... i then asked them to check vin and they confirmed that first owner purchased it locally but refused to give me any info on him..privacy much? or they're just trying to lure me into that bill?

for now the only way to track him seems through the used bikes showroom i got it at..must wait till after the weekend though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.