Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

SoCal riders with slip ons. Need your help to make this happen!

3K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  Neptune 
#1 ·
Ok so I have seen this come up and always wondered my self what all these top company exhausts sound like side by side sound like. We have all these videos of one by it self and people opinions.

I want to make a video and shoot the top company exhaust side by side on the same bikes one next to another idling start up and passes. I've emailed companies to put out videos comparing and no replies or real drive to put them side by side to help all of the guys looking for the best sounding exhaust for their bike.

So I'm going to take the leap. I'm looking to get some guys to meet up and be willing to help me make this video. If some of you guys have seen my YouTube page you guys can see I like to cover the frequently asked questions or simple questions almost all of us have or had at one time getting into something or looking to purchase a product.

If you don't mind meeting up and riding after but mainly to make this video PM me and tell me where your coming from and what exhaust you have and mods to your bike and I'll set up a date we can all meet up and shoot it.

What I'm looking for:

Guys with little to no mods to engine or exhaust system besides just the slip on.

One bike equipped with each of the leading exhaust slip systems

SoCal local willing to meet up and help make his happen

Lookin to keep all bikes the same year and cc to keep the sound and output as close as possible with out any variable in bikes that may effect sound outputs or quality.

Im looking at aiming for 07/08 600rr bikes. Due to these having plenty sold and still a pretty new and popular year bike.

So let's see if we can make this happen. PM me if your interested.

Again PM me wih these details.

Year:
Mods:
Days/Dates Free To Meet:

And any other info you think should be mentioned to keep results fair and keep any variables from effecting exhaust results.

See less See more
#3 ·
Already ahead of you bro :) lol. I have a akra and hyperflo comparison. Going to film my full ti leo vince soon then filming my full ti akra. I have a two bros slip on as well but i dont feel like installing it.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Motorcycle.com App

#6 ·
I have an 09 with an Akara slip on. I'm in Huntington Beach and willing to help out.

#13 ·
If we can get bikes at least 2 to 3 years appart that's cool. The more similar the bikes are the less variables on sound tho from differsnt technologies and features on the bikes. But if it's 04's then let's make it happen!

#17 ·
Yea same day same time same camera. Hopefully all one video bike after bike so that way no one can say oh well the temp could make this lounger than that or the newer bikes have louder output bla bla bla trying to eliminate most to all variables.

And my buddy has a good camera with a good boom mic but he said it takes tape and it's his skate camera and got smashed a few weeks back and glitches sometimes. So now my good quality camera is eh... Anyone interested with a good sound quality and video quality camera interested in shooting this?

#23 ·
Uhhhh not exactly sure I kind of gave up on this idea a while back didn't have enough slips to compare but someone brought it back from the dead...

Again if we can get at least 5 different slips on some 04-11 bikes I'm down to go through with it..

If someone wants to start a thread in the SoCal thread to recruits some people let me know.. It looks like we have

Akra full(07)
RS5 (07)
Stock (08)
And a Jardine (04)
And possibly a 2 bros (07)

I'm thinking maybe we get one or 2 more slips we have a video.. Anyone else interested let me know!

Again trying to get 04-12 bikes... Try to keep the same technology to make it a solid comparison.

Once we get confirmed guys wanting in and a few more slips ill see about making a date when weather clears up in a central meeting spot... I have a long straight I have in mind we can run the filming (no traffic,warehouse surroundings to have good sound) in the huntington beach westminster (North OC area) then possibly do a little ride after for deliberation for shooting finishing the video.

#25 ·
If you want to role up brotha feel free. Even if its not legal maybe a guy wanting to know what that sounds like compaired to the others..

My main goal is to help out all the guys and countless threads/questions about which has better sound.. My self included. That's my main reason for my youtube page I'm not great at it but I try to get all the questions always asked answered and there only being stock vs so and so slip on or 1 vs another but no videos of all of them at once same sound input/output and every angle covered.. I've even emailed major companies to see if they could but they don't have the time or resources to do it.. So I figured I'd step up and see if I could get it going and thanks to .net might actually come through..

#26 · (Edited)
Great responce from revzilla to my email..

Hi CK_32,

Thank you for the video suggestion. We love the idea of adding sound files, but we don't have the resources or bike selection to produce that type of a video. Just as we ask of our customers, we do not mount parts on bikes. In order to accurately capture the sound of a slip on, it would need to be mounted to a motorcycle, but would not be able to be sold as a new item. In order to effectively compare sounds, we would need slip-ons from each of our top exhaust manufactures, and mount them on at least a dozen different bikes to compare.

What I can recommend is to pass this suggestion along to the exhaust manufacturers, such as Yoshimura, LeoVince or Two Brothers. Akrapovic is very forward thinking, and does offer sound files on several of their exhaust lines. As exhaust manufactures test and develop their exhaust products, they should have sound files created. You could even approach them and offer to compile them per bike /model and per slip on style.

I'm sorry we can not accommodate your request, but we do appreciate your suggestion and hope that someone out there is able to compile that information for those looking to upgrade their exhausts.

Cheers,

GREAT youtube channel to sub to for people looking for gear reviews... They have almost everything reviewed in depth as well as Brian at sport bike track gear for guys looking for gear and parts reviews.. Highly reccomend looking at those channels.

#31 ·
I sent a PM to everyone interested and still no one has replied..

All that are down to join up even if we have doubles or tripples is fine well shoot the ones we need and then just make it a ride after..

Im looking to try and get this done after the holidays so around the end of this month and start of the next.. Probably on a Saturday or Sunday.. Depending on weather..

Also if anyone has a legit camera with good mic let me know and maybe you can help shoot my buddy broke his camera but is going to let me borrow another one of his not sure of quality of sound tho..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.