Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2001 750gsxr vs 2009cbr 600rr

3K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  Rad Rage 
#1 ·
My friend has a
2001 Gsx-R 750: Mods
Yoshimura Full Pipe
Power Commander 3
I've owned a 2001 750 I know they're pretty fast but is it possible to beat one with a 600rr? Stock? Full pipe with PC and rear gearing? Even though I can't top out as high as he can I just want to have a 600 that gives people that whoa **** moment :crackup:

Non track just messing around in backroads (Yes I know:retard:)

#2 ·
From what I've read our bikes are pretty much maxed out with the power output.. I don't think bolt ons would make up for the lack of CCs..

It's not like cars where bolt ons can add an extra 400HP.. Maybe if your buddy shifts like a 5 year old and your Rossi him self you have a chance haha

#3 ·
It's not like cars where bolt ons can add an extra 400HP..
heh heh bolt on an extra 400HP... I would love to see that! :crackup:

OP, If I clutch it and lift the front wheel, I can keep up with my dads GSXR-1K for about <=80 meters in a straight line, but any further and his powerband kicks in and leaves me for dead.

If it's backroads (you're right, you are :retard:), I dare say there will be short straights and you could easily beat him into and out of the corners as it turns into a contest of skill rather than CC's...

My 2c :drunk:

#6 ·
I've got a 2006 RC51 (which is essentially a 2002 RC51, which is comparable to a 2001 GSXR 750).

My 600 has extensive intake, fueling, exhaust, and gearing done. (108hp with full system to 115hp after getting intake work and fuel tuned on the dyno) The RC51 has slip-ons and a PC3.

In my experience, my 600 is quicker to 60mph, but after that my RC51 will eat it for lunch. That's partially due to the very tall first gear on the RC51 as well. The RC51 IS a v-twin, so it's not the exact same as that GSXR, but the power should be roughly equal as they were both the "superbikes" of their time.

This post has been deleted
#11 ·
I wish I knew why. I have ridden a few GSXRs and the build quality of some of their parts was really poor. Maybe I just have a very probing view, but the engine cases, the levers, and the quality of the plastic components was crap compared to Honda and Yamaha.

They always have really badass gauges, though.

#13 ·
When there was a squid GSXR out break at my work (military base) literally out of no where 10 GSXRs hit the base and 4 of them went to my shop every other day and I asked them why they all got GSXRs and for some reason they all said the same thing they had the most power and torque and are more expensive than all other bikes and that's for a reason... So some where in some place they are appareiently the best street bikes made...

And of course every squid wants the faster bike to race everything and anything on their way home from work.. And to be able to out run cops and other bikes and brag they have a GSXR aka the "best fastest more expensive jap bike".. Pretty much small di** syndrome..

And almost every GSXR rider I know is either Mexican or Arab... But just recientley all the Arab guys jumped to R1s or R6s... I think one of the 8 still has a GAXR of their group.

#14 ·
I have a 2011 600rr slip on growler exhaust, bmc air filter, dyno jet, -2, +3 sprocket gearing and my buddys 06 gsxr750 doesnt give me much of a fight. he has a little sprocket work just the rear i think maybe +2, a bazazz, and a slip on. sounds like you have a good competition.

#15 ·
on a side note the majority of gixxer riders in my town are squids. regularly seen in adequate gear like tank tops and board shorts.. haha so in the event your friends has similar qualities you can always beat him all you have to do is go somewhere without straight lines. anyone can twist the throttle!

#24 · (Edited)
And just as fast and good handling as the others. Are you saying you would be faster on a CBR than a GSXR on the track? Seems a lot of you pick a bike based on the image you think you'll have.
I'm saying people are not as pissed at themselves for dumping a GSXR at the track than they are a CBR. Its a lot less expensive tracking a GSXR. As far as track times, it all depends on who the jockey is.

Or experience..
And this.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#20 ·
I have to say I dislike the Gsxr, except for the 2000-2003 750. Those bikes are pretty awesome. I had one before and I loved it.
I've also ridden the new gsxr, What was suzuki doing? :cursin::banghead:
:rip: Gsxr.... The new bikes are just not the same

He isn't a squid so I have my work cut out for me :crackup:

#25 ·
I'm a tactile person, and Hondas just feel nicer than GSXR's. I like some of them, but the styling just isn't to my taste lately. I DO wish someone else would make a damn 750. I don't like 1000's on the street but in the mountains an engine with more midrange punch would be nice when the air is thin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.