Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to install fender eliminator and integrated tail light from CBR Heaven

5K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Brobes08rr 
#1 ·
I know these are fairly easy to install, but if you are like me and suck at installing things or its your 1st time then this will help you out a lot. The instructions from the paper they send you are terrible and way too general. If you don't have any prior experience with wiring then you will have a difficult time like me. Fortunately I figured out everything after a good 8hrs.

Step 1: Lift up Front seat edges and remove the 2 bolts. (1 each side)
Helmet Personal protective equipment Motorcycle helmet Auto part Headgear

Step 2: Pull seat gently back and up.
Vehicle Auto part Car

Step 3: Remove Rear seat and unscrew 4 of the bolts.
Technology Gadget Electronic device Electronics Hard disk drive

Step 4: Gently remove the rear fender by moving it around while pulling it back. (Try and pull up from the bottom fender on both sides, it helps)
Vehicle Technology Automotive exterior Bumper Car

Please don't post any replys yet I'm not done. I can only post 5 pics per post so give me some time.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Step 5: Remove a total of 4 bolts holding together the fenders. (2 small bolts on each side)
Auto part Vehicle Automotive exterior Tire Automotive tire

Step 6: Remove the wires connecting to the taillight of the stock fender before completely removing the rear fender.
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

Step 7: Using a straight metal ruler or even thick tape, and a sharp razor, cut directly above the bolt to make room for the tail light.
Gun Firearm Trigger Bumper Automotive exterior

#3 ·
Step 8: Going back to the front seat, there are 2 bolts. Remove both bolts.
Finger Hand Auto part Technology Nail

Auto part Engine

Step 9: You are supplied with 2 long bolts for the FE kit. The longest one goes on the left hole and the short one on the right.
Auto part Vehicle Helmet

Auto part Finger Hand Automotive engine part Carburetor

Step 10: Once both bolts are in, take the FE bracket and go underneath it and match the holes accordingly. (Make sure you put back the case if you removed it, under the 2 bolts.)
Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Suspension

#5 ·
Step 11: Put the license plate light on and put the wire through the hole at top of bracket and through a very small hole near the top (next to the bolt holes)
View attachment 30566

Step 12: Once you pass them through and put the bracket on, install the washer 1st then the nut and tighten it until the bracket is firm.
View attachment 30565

Step 13: Cut the original wires from the stock fender about the length shown in the pic. View attachment 30567

Step 14: This step you need wire cutters and butt connectors. (Unless you have an alternate way of connecting wires) match the correct colors from the kit to the bike. Put the wires on opposite ends of the connectors and squeeze the sides together until they don't move.
View attachment 30569
View attachment 30568

Step 15: Test and make sure all the wiring works before putting back the frames. Put all the fairings and seats back the same way you took them out.

#7 · (Edited)
Is this the TST Industries FE? Is there any drilling involved to get those two longer bolts to penetrate through the battery casing? Mine is on the way but I just wanted to know what I'm getting into before hand. I got the license plate light with it too.

Thanks for posting this!

Edit: What does the license plate light wire get tapped into?

#12 ·
those 2 tabs that you broke off, there are 2 screws that are supposed to go through it on to the plastic tray it self to hold it in place. or else your taillight will move out of position after a while. Also you are going to regret this purchase as did i since i bought the carheaven light and found out that the tripage light is wayyyyy waayyy better and brighter and also as you can tell that when you activate the turn signals from far away you can tell it bleeds into the other side so the driver behind sometimes can't tell which turn signal is activated. Lastly the fender eliminator that you bought is too close to the exhaust and mine burned within a month of purchasing it. I don't mean to scare you just so you or some1 else gets a headsup before they make this purchase. The plastic fender eliminator mine burned from one side cause it got so hot.

But everything else is looking good

stay safe

#13 ·
I was wondering what those 2 plastic things were. But it fits snug in the back and it doesnt move at all. I do agree that CBR Heaven has the worst items which are also overly priced. That would be my last purchase from there for sure, but I do not regret it. So far I had it for over 3 weeks and everything looks and feels great. The taillight doesnt move and I didnt notice the bleeding in the taillight, ill check that now actually. Also, the fender eliminator doesnt have any burn marks on it nor does it get really hot. Maybe you have an aftermarket exhaust?

Either way thx for the info.

#15 ·
Great tip man thx. Ya the instructions were terrible and I didn't cut the oem connectors. I tried searching on tripage site and there r no IT on their site, not sure if there is another site but I'm really picky when it gets to wires and I want everything to be neat, so I will probably order a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#16 ·
Instead of wiring the license plate light to the black wire did you consider, cutting the wire from the stock fender that is used for the license plate light and splicing the new one into the wire and just plugging it in to the wiring harness?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#17 ·
Honestly this was my 1st time doing this and with the terrible instructions from that god awful site I was lucky enough to get it going with some common sense and google. Ima remove all that mess soon once I order my new exhaust system and get an IT from tripage.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.