Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

DDM HID unpacking

4K views 48 replies 21 participants last post by  2003CBR 
#1 ·
So i bought my DDM hid kit and it took about 11 days which i personally thought took forever.
These are the 35W H7 8k.

The boxing was poorly done... some what falling apart and the kit itself look shabby and not sturdy. And i think there might be small cracks on the bulb covers...

Here are the pictures:

So I was wondering, are these all the pieces you are suppose to get?

I'll try and get these installed soon and upload before and after pics.

See less See more
#28 ·
how else am i suppose to hold it up? LOL

#30 ·
Most of them have a compartment thing under the middle separator between the lights, but i dont? any help please?

#33 ·
hey sincalirider, thats for 05, does 04 have it too?

#35 ·
mine is 04. think its after market fairrings ok ill have a look.

#37 ·
lol i know i know, i need to put all this **** together and then ill clean it.

i cleaned the thing up a bitand i kinda figured out a way to place the small box part thats attached to the ballasts. but it requires filing down the inner panels and ill post up some pics soon.

#38 ·
i was wondering the same thing with all of that tape.
hide the ballast under the headlights. remove your fairings. and tuck under the nose. they fit with some caressing. you cant even see mine just the wires coming out of the headlight and tucked.
my bikes taken apart at home if i remember ill try and snag some pics tonight

those black pieces i didnt use. i thought they were spacers for the packaging. its a simple plug-n-play kit with slight modification.

DDM quality has gone down hill for sure. mine work about 98% of the time. seems like almost every time i take a short ride to the gas station. stop fill up, they dont work again for a few hours. i wont get gas at night for this reason.

#40 ·
Ok, so today i did some more cleaning up and mods. I got some the2wheels levers installed and a rimtape done. Also i cleaned up the HID ALOT better.
Ill post up some pics tomorrow. Now it doesnt get in the way and is fairly clean. not 100% clean but hopefully this will help others out there.

#42 ·
DDM is great for the price! I got mine locally from DDM since they are < 5 miles from where I live and it came with the 3 white boxes as well. Installation was pretty straightforward but I had to modify the HID bulb plastic and cut off a little, but other than that it was easy and looks great.

#45 ·
So here is after cleaning up.
This may help ALOT of people out there.

left side.:

right side:

Left and right side is a bit different because of the ballast positioning. i stuffed most of the wiring in the side panel. and the ballasts are in the middle gap between headlights and the smaller part attached to ballasts are placed as so with 3m double sided tapes.

#47 ·
Nope. It was going to cost $20 ish total with shipping so i didnt. is there a need to?
As you can see i stuffed most wiring in the side panels and just stuck them on the side as shown and its out of the way of the forks now and doesnt mess with my turns when i make a wide turn.

What does that part really do anyway?

#49 ·
My hid's took 3 weeks to get. After I ordered them I found out they shipped from china. i was very annoyed when I found out. The porcelain insulator on the side of the bulb was cracked butthe bulb still worked. It was probably due to the poor packaging that most of you have experienced. Here are pics of how I have mine.. I was able to hide the ballasts but mounted ignitors to front fairing stay. I will eventually change how the lights go to the oem headlight connector. Auto part Engine Vehicle Fuel line Car
Auto part Fuel line Engine Tire Vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.