Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calling All Michigan Riders (2014)

847K views 21K replies 116 participants last post by  HighzerOfLife 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, so we got riding season coming up in roughly 2 months, and I am sure everyone is ready to ride. But right now I am trying to get a feel on where everyone lives and who's down to ride. Every Tuesday we will be going to Hooters for bike night in Lansing and weekend rides to wherever.

So if people want, lets make a call to all MI riders and start setting up weekend rides and get togethers. As far as introductions, Ill start if off; names Paul, from Lansing, MI.

Reactions: strey117
#2,861 ·
we have each other Joe.... :ciao: You buying full leathers so you can show me the ropes at Gingerman next year?

As for our car scene, it's nothing but a bunch of kids and tom foolery when cruising.
:cheers:

Come on now, we have HITM and Low Society :lol:. Classy rides.

Working on full leathers, will need to be shown the ropes myself. Spoke with Nathan over at Rider's Discount about finding an event and he suggested sportbiketracktime.com which does show a "novice" level, so will keep an eye on the '13 schedule and hit you up! Honestly still adapting to riding period, so some track time will be a real eye-opener and assist me.

Just wish my bike wasn't "pretty" as I fear laying the damn thing down now, knew I should have bought something blah like silver.

#2,862 ·
Sportbiketracktime is a great organization to ride with. I'm friends with a bunch of the instructors. They have a cool program you should look into. It's to get people to the track. They offer up 2 free slots to people who have never been on track before.

And no worries about novice group. I've known of people who are just weeks out of the MSF classes who do just fine. You'll learn more in a track weekend than in a year on the street.

I just bought a 1 piece for next year, so we'll have to get a weekend planned. If you let me know what size you take, I'll keep an eye out for a suit. I just bought a slightly rashed suit for stupid cheap. If I'm not out there whatever week you go, you can borrow this one.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com App

#2,863 ·
I'll look into that once they release 2013 schedules, thanks for the heads-up. As cheesy as it is I'm pounding info from Keith Code's book and DVD this winter and want to hit a trackday as soon as possible once the weather breaks.

I need to get sized up and I'll let you know on the suit, I believe Nathan suggested I'd be around a 41 but don't quote me there.

Good looking out!

#2,864 ·
Code's book and DVD are awesome tools. Great to freshen up on every now and then.

The first track day is the Team Chicago track day in early April. I'm planning to hit that this year. Weather is the biggest gamble that time of year. A few years back they were dealing with snow in the morning sessions.

Biggest thing to do before the track is get your suspension set properly for your weight. For you, I'd talk to the guys at RD and see who they recommend over there.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com App

#2,867 ·
Have only picked up gloves from them, more setup for online distribution than in-person but Nathan there brought out several pairs to try on that were in stock. It's nice being able to do that, rather than guess.

Although I've heard raving reviews about Chad@STG too! Might be in contact with him about a helmet soon. Ryan @ PerfMoto here in town is awesome as well, ordered some parts from him along with had my rear tire put on there, he actually came over Saturday after work and assisted in riveting my chain and setting up the rear wheel after the 520 conversion. Good people.

Will look into suspension setup, reminds me I have an adjustment issue up front I need to look into.

#2,870 ·
Suspension ya say? Hmmmmm Chad. I remember somethin was suppose to happen involving u and suspension. Just can't remember exactly what. Please refresh my memory if u could?
Suspension tune for our weight by his buddy but they lost their kid so he was stressed out and not free a lot. Supposed to do it next year. Along with chad hooking me up on a tune for my bike. We will see.

So I'm excited for tomorrow, got a lot of hw but I'll swing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#2,875 ·
Just so everyone sees this.

Arbor Brew Company
114 East Washington Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104

Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2012
6PM-ish.

There is a parking garage across the street if you can't find parking on the street.

Hope to see everyone there
Just so everyone sees this again, these are the final plans for Wednesday

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#2,877 ·
we have each other Joe.... :ciao: You buying full leathers so you can show me the ropes at Gingerman next year?

As for our car scene, it's nothing but a bunch of kids and tom foolery when cruising.
better then ours lol. everyone here is still in high school and there parents bought them something already modded.... plus they feel the need to race anything that moves and try and burnout in small parking lots

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.