Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Marvel Mystery Oil..

8K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  clx 
#1 ·
Did a search and found lots of nothing. Just wondering if you guys use it? What are your opinions on it?

#2 · (Edited)
Its good stuff, Never used it on any bikes before but on an old seized engine my friend had. The piston wouldn't move so I went and grabbed some of that let it sit for a few hours and was able to slowly get the piston out and was then able to hone the cylinder and get the engine running again. What are you going to be using it for?

#7 ·
Marvel Mystery Oil is good stuff... I add a bottle to my gas tank (car) every 5k miles. It does a good job of keeping the fuel system & injectors clean.

As previously mentioned, I would not suggest adding it to your oil (bike) as it may effect the clutch operation, howerver, adding a few ounces to your gas tank every couple thousand miles couldn't hurt!

#14 ·
I wanna bring this one back to life. I have a neighbor that's a professional race car/performance vehicle mechanic, and when I ran into him in the garage the other day, I started telling him all about my bike and what I was doing to it, how it hadn't been run in two years, and how I was bringing her back to life with all sorts of new fluids and checks.

He asked me if I had turned the engine over yet and I told him no. He suggested marvel mystery oil. He said that some of my valves had been sitting in the open position for two years, and that he thinks it's a good idea to add marvel mystery oil to the list of things I do before I run it.

I finished the oil change last night with mobil 1 syn. 10W40, a new bosche filter, and a new drain plug and washer, and my chain has been degreased and lubed with motul degreaser and lucas chain oil.

Tonight, I'm going to drain the stale fuel and replace it with some fresh shell 91, as well as replace the old air filter with a K&N.

I was just wondering if anyone can chime in with a yay or nay regarding the marvel mystery oil? Or should I just fire her up when I'm done and be good with it?

(I have engine ice coolant and some dot 4 brake fluid I plan on doing later, maybe this weekend or something.)

Thanks guys.

#15 ·
Marvel mystery oil is actually mineral oil, refined and aditives. When you are doing a cleaning of ur crank case for the year or for when u need to, I add an ounce of seafoam or marvel. And run it for 20 to 50 miles. It does have aditives and will make your clutch slip. Its not ment for long term. I found on my kawasaki it removed sludge and improved my oil presure.

Sent from my LG-C800 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#16 ·
i remember the duralube craze in the late 90's. was supposed to be the ultimate additive. my brother added it to his car and had to rebuild the engine within 6 months.

i see it was found they lied about everything and was fined and bancrupted. if honda wanted us to add stuff, they would have specified it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.