Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Big Gun Evo S Slip-On Review

6K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  mttviper 
#1 · (Edited)
So I installed my first Slip On today. I didn't really know how to do it so I went onto youtube and saw a video on how to do it, then went out and did it myself. It wasn't that hard. Including the trip I had to make to the store to get New Hex Keys, It took about an hour, and my wiring harness for my rear light is sort of long, so I didn't have to disconnect it after removing my tail section.

The Install: 10/10- Pretty straight forward, I was a first timer, the only problem I ran into was 1) Not having the right Hex Keys.
2) Forgetting where certain bolts went, and what went where and first/second.
Just got confused. That was my only problem

The Look: 9/10- I have a Tribal Bike, so it's black. The Evo is a black slip on, so It matched my bike. It only stuck out of the tail section, roughly 2 1/2 inches, give or take. The only thing I disliked, Is that Yes they have a logo on the pipe itself, that didn't bother me. They sticker up the pipe also along with the logo. I wasn't a big fan of the generic stickers. But what the hell I left them on there. Black and Red SORT of look good!

The Sound: 10/10- When you first start the bike, there is a very throaty deep "rumble" sound to it. It resonates fairly well. IMO! In the Video I only did neutral Rev's, but when I took it out, 1-6 gear sounded great. First gear seems to be the throatiest to where as through the gears it seems to get "dry" if that makes ANY sense at all. Almost like a dry throat. At idle/lights it sounds amazing! Brubbrubbrubbrub and it's a constant sound, it doesn't "bubble". In high rev's It also remains deep and resonant. I enjoyed the sound. On the freeway, and filtering at lights, cars began to move. Where as with the OEM pipe. No one ever heard me coming until I was in their window or mirror directly next to them! The sound IS AMAZING!!!!!

The Verdict/Judgement: Overall 9/10
I didn't like the stickers, and the fact that in the higher gears the rumble becomes a "Dry" throaty rumble. Compared to a DEEP resonant rumble.
IMO personally GREAT exhaust. Yes it is my FIRST slip on, but still.
If you have the funds or means to purchase or have a Two Bro's or Akrapovic fall into your lap then take that. However if you have a choice between a Yoshimura Jardine RT-1 Dual/Single or an M4. I have heard all of these, I would take the Big Gun Evo S slip-on over those brands.
Seriously For $271.00 for the exhaust plus $22 in tax (California) and $0.00 in shipping for a grand total of $293.00 YOU CAN NOT GO WRONG! Hell If you don't like it they will refund you!
You can Purchase the Big Gun Evo S Slip-on through eBay (as I did)

Now here are some Videos I took of before and after. If they do not work please inform me because on my computer youtube doesnt give me a play option haha.

OEM:

Big Gun Evo S Slip On:

That's my review. Hope it helped!

See less See more
Reactions: itsgRReat
#6 ·
Actually it does when I do a blip to downshift it gurgles or it pops loudly I LOVE IT! Yeah I saw your thread through google. Sorry I didn't have a bike sooner :( If you haven't gotten a pipe honestly for the price. CANT BEAT IT!

#8 ·
Yeah they are, I didn't have one big enough to remove my rear sets and passenger pegs had to go buy some 5mm lol

#11 ·
LOL! Mustache is for the lady passengers-Mustache rides are Free!

The spikes, I like the windscreen bolts, adds a custom element to my bike, Ive only seen one other bike with them!

Credit card actually is a train ticket lol.

Exhaust is sexy!

#14 ·
Rad_Rage... I was. But I don;t have a bike anymore CHP confiscated it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.