Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Where can I find cool Rear View mirrors! Please help!

7K views 27 replies 5 participants last post by  SniperFalkon 
#1 ·
I been looking everywhere and I cant find any decent looking rear view mirrors. I tried every website and all of them are either mirrors for the handle bars or ugly looking mirrors!

Has anyone replaced their OEM mirrors with something cooler? I know at least 1 of you have. I cant stand the OEM ones, they fugly!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

P.S. Im looking for the rear view mirrors that get mounted on the front of the bike near the windscreen.

#12 ·
Check out the Rizoma sport prototype on Miss18RR

Same mirrors on Miss O'Seven
amazing pics MOEMAN! thank you very much. I had no idea they look that small :(

Doesnt that extend a bit too far from your bike? and how is the view on those? can you see traffic clearly? I love the protoype sport look by rizoma but im afraid that the mirror might be too small or extend too far out.

i know someone who has the barracuda,s,they are nice as far as mirrors go
sniperfalkon what about a rearview camera set up and get rid of the mirrors or do you not fancy that option
I dont like that rearview camera setup at all. I want a rear view mirror setup, it looks cooler :)

Hey X-treme, Ash,

Let's see what happens with Falkon first as you said. In any case...

To be honest, I stopped sending my parents (in North America) Christmas gifts through the post office and told them to stop sending stuff to me due to the crazy costs and terrible service here (I have to pay a ridiculous tax if anything arrives with a value written on it). We just buy online and get stuff sent direct now. I'll check out the costs and if it can be done for what I consider not too much, I'll send them to either Falkon, you or someone else. The problem is that at some point, the shipping can become more expensive than just buying something new and obviously that's just a waste. I'll visit the post office and see what they say.

Just a couple of details/conditions on this:

1. It all depends on the cost of post.
2. Post will be slow, I guess.
3. This is an extremely low priority for me right now and the post here in Italy is very slow so be prepared for a wait.
4. If you'd like to throw in a set of front, OEM indicators, I'd smile because I need a pair. The LighTech mirrors cost a bit more than the OEM. I'm only half serious about this, but go ahead and toss them in if you like! :)
those look pretty nice too, but i dont like how thick the arm is. I like something thin connecting to the mirror like the rizomas in moemans pick...those got me drooling lol

#6 · (Edited)
Hey Falkon, now that Moeman posts here, that reminds me there's also LighTech. I had a pair of these on my bike when I first got it, but switched them for the Barracudas because I couldn't see very well with them and wanted indicators in there for better visibility from cars.

This is Moeman's thread:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=119209

LighTech site, but you'll need to buy elsewhere:

http://www.lightech.it/

Some pics of mine when I had them mounted. I'd offer to trade you these for your OEMs because I want a pair, but I live in Italy. If you're interested, we could check out the costs of shipping - I didn't like them, but you can ask Moeman what he thought. It's usually a rip-off from this end and not worth it, but we can think about it if you like. I can send you more detailed shots to show them clearly - EDIT: now that I think about it, it'll cost me a fortune to ship them, but I can check if you're interested.

Barracuda also does the same mirrors without the lights:

http://www.barracudamoto.it/ just click on EN for English

#7 ·
I had the CF lightech but the viewing surface was not large enough the Rizoma design offer the largest viewing surface than any other mirror out there without any vibration orLoss of focus issues when you ride at higher speeds

#9 ·
i know someone who has the barracuda,s,they are nice as far as mirrors go
sniperfalkon what about a rearview camera set up and get rid of the mirrors or do you not fancy that option

#10 ·
Reactions: SniperFalkon
#11 · (Edited)
Hey X-treme, Ash,

Let's see what happens with Falkon first as you said. In any case...

To be honest, I stopped sending my parents (in North America) Christmas gifts through the post office and told them to stop sending stuff to me due to the crazy costs and terrible service here (I have to pay a ridiculous tax if anything arrives with a value written on it). We just buy online and get stuff sent direct now. I'll check out the costs and if it can be done for what I consider not too much, I'll send them to either Falkon, you or someone else. The problem is that at some point, the shipping can become more expensive than just buying something new and obviously that's just a waste. I'll visit the post office and see what they say.

Just a couple of details/conditions on this:

1. It all depends on the cost of post.
2. Post will be slow, I guess.
3. This is an extremely low priority for me right now and the post here in Italy is very slow so be prepared for a wait.
4. If you'd like to throw in a set of front, OEM indicators, I'd smile because I need a pair. The LighTech mirrors cost a bit more than the OEM. I'm only half serious about this, but go ahead and toss them in if you like! :)

I didn't like them, but I'm sure somebody else might. They gave me a great view of my elbow, but if you don't mind moving your neck around, these mirrors look very good. They're in good shape, but not perfect. Here are a few phone pics so you can see them better. They're not perfect, but pretty close to it and you could buff them up a bit to smooth out a couple of rough spots (less than 0.5cm) that must have been hit by debris from the road. I can't even make it visible with my cell camera (8MP).

#13 · (Edited)
The Rizoma offer tons of viewing surface off the mirror , you do not have to move your elbows or turn your head in order to double check who is behind you or if the lane is clear or not .

The design of their arms and the angle used to attach them to their bases is what gives you that capability the arms do not really extend out too much even though they might seem that way the mirror itself can be adjusted both vertically & horizontally too .

I forgot to mention the glass itself has a hint of blue so with bright sun shining right at the mirrors that blue hint directs the bright sun light away from the surface They are expensive sure the bases are sold separate but worth every dime spent

#14 ·
If you look at the third picture from the bottom & magine if you draw a straight line from the pointed spot in the mirror straight down all the surface area to the left of that line would be the viewing surface available for use at the left side mirror & the same goes for the right side except that area is to the right of that imaginary line ask questions if you do not understand my post

#15 ·
oh very nice, I get what you are saying..it makes complete sense for it to extend out a little so you dont see your elbows, thats actually a huge plus!

Price doesnt concern me at all, i always pay extra for quality items. You are saying that the base is sold seperately? How did you order the mirrors and base since the distributors only have email addresses? Do you just send them an email saying you want that particular brand and they send you an invoice?

Thanks again Moe!

#17 ·
what about a rearview helmet falkon if your not a fan of the oem mirrors

#19 · (Edited)
whats a rearview helmet?

www.pjsparts.com the telephone number is 859-748--9335 call them either PJ or Page his wife will answer the phone tell them what you are looking for they will invoice you thru pay pal when the parts are ready to ship once you pay the invoice the parts are shipped and you get an email with shipping information including tracking info it's that simple and to help you out to get the right stuff
They always treat might right and made sure I am happy with the order do your self a favor and stick with them trust me & BTW I am not in any way shape or forum affiliated with them I just respect them and like what they do and how they do it top notch service from start to end
thanks moe! Ill give them a call monday. The mirror link doesnt work for me though, but ill just call them. Ill probably post a pic of how my bike looks after i get them installed too :)

Yeah, I agree with you, but it's subjective. If I were getting mirrors and not worried about price, I'd go with the Rizomas for sure.

Extreme, Ash - after I check things out at the post office, I'll let you know where I can ship them to. If you could PM me a pic or post one here (if Falkon doesn't mind sharing this thread), that'd be great. Obviously I hope to get a functional pair (as a back-up). I'd start a new thread, but I doubt this will go past you guys if you're interested.
I dont mind sharing this thread lol its cool. They have really nice stuff wow, those grips look sexxxxxxxxxxy. I guess ill be shopping from them for a few things.

Most likely pick up the levers grips next then worry about rears later. thanks for the link maaku!

#22 ·
#28 ·
#24 ·
#26 ·
#27 · (Edited)
OK, so I can ship those mirrors to the US or the UK, there's just a small difference in the price.

I will: Get some bubble wrap, put them in a box with paper to make sure they don't bounce around and go to the post office to send these to a business or home address - I will pay for this. You can be PM your details to me.

You will: Send me a pair of OEM mirrors in good shape packaged in a similar way with a friendly greeting card and perhaps even some chocolate. OK, don't worry about those last 2 parts, but pics would be nice here. You'll pay for that part of the shipping and indicate that these have no commercial value for customs - not only because the don't, but because they'll force me to pay a ridiculous tax if you write a value. If you have to write something, keep it as low as possible (like $10 or something). I'll send you an address by PM.

They tell me 7-10 days for delivery of a normal package, but it could be delayed due to the holidays.

Extreme, you got here a couple of minutes before Ash so you've got dibs on them since the price is more or less the same.

By the way, the dimensions of the mirrors are:

Length (mirror, including skinny part, not including base): 18cm (7.1")
Width at widest point on mirror: 5.5cm (2.2")
Width at narrowest point on mirror: 2cm (0.8")
Depth: 4cm (1.6")

EDIT: Feel free to throw in a pair of OEM front signals if you've got a pair lying around collecting dust instead of chocolate. I'm half serious about this, I'd like to have a pair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.