Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Question about slip ons and HP.

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Maaku 
#1 ·
I bought a 05 rr in april, and the previous owner has done various mods on the bike when i bought it. Me personally, im a big fan of the completely stock look of the bike, but i figuered, whatever. Here are some of thd mods, performace and cosmetic...

Micron dual slip on
Power commander 3
IT tailights
Comp werkes fender eliminator
Corbin seat
Zero gravity double bubble

Anyways im going to away with most of that crap, i already changed back to the OEM fender n turn signals, and changed the PC3 to zero map. And now it has come to my attention that a micron slip on provides ZERO hp gains? Is this true? I hope so because if this is true im getting rid of this pretty much useless mod (for the exception of weight loss). So any input would be appreciated so i can start searching for a stock exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

See less See more
#14 ·
Having a power commander for just a slip on is a waste IMO.
If you're going to buy a stock exhaust, then just get rid of the Micron and the PCIII, I'm sure some members here would jump on that.
+1. I bet you can get rid of them and make some money to spend on gas or something else when somebody wants rid of the stock exhaust. The Micron was one of the closest to stock-looking if it's the one I'm thinking of - saw yours before, but can't remember it. I like my nice, quiet stock exhaust, too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.