Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Vibration Noise???

3K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  JackDaWack 
#1 ·
I have approx 55k on my 2007 600RR and when I down shift at certain RPM's I am getting a vibration noise, almost like plastic fairing or something. I checked all fasteners and they all tight. I was thinking it might be something inside the exhaust? my roomates bike is sort of doing the same thing. Anyone else hear this vibration noise on their bike? Thanks.

#4 ·
Turtles??????

#6 ·
Op joined in 03 he's a triple og!!! Go op!!!!

#7 ·
I was thinking about this the other day at work.. And do you have anything in your compartment..? I'm assuming its probably a tool or something bouncing around in your passenger seat. Could be mistaken for the exhaust being in the same area.

#15 ·
Ooo, it's unlikely to be this, however when I was installing my radiator guard I noticed that the top mounting bolt was very lose, to the point of nearly coming off. Once I installed and tightened it though I noticed a big improvement in the lack of vibrations coming from the front of my bike.

Perhaps check that? Otherwise I'm going to bet chain.

#16 ·
The chain is ok, I check it and lube it all the time. Its really weird, it won't do it on the stand just sitting in my garage reving it. It only does it when I'm riding and I am down shifting from a high rpm, then between 6-8 rpm it sounds like all my fairing up front are vibrating and then goes away once rpm is low.

#17 ·
Actually I really focused on it tonight on the way home from work, it actually makes the noise between 4 and 5 thousand RPM, and I can hear it rattle while just sitting and reving it. I strongly think it is something in the exhast pipe itself, I have a spare back half so I will throw that on and see what happens. Just wondering after a certain amount of miles the baffles inside or whatever gets loose and will rattle, because the more I think of the noise it sounds like a metal rattle or fast vibration of metal.

#19 ·
Ok fellas found out what it was, as it was getting worse it was easier to locate. It was the cam chain tentioner. Cannot adjust the stock one, so installed an adjustable one and the noise went away. Starts getting loose again, I will just adjust it. Makes the bike feel new again. Hope this helps anyone in the future. Bike started doing it at about 40,ooo miles or so.

#24 · (Edited)
My windscreen was driving me crazy, when i would grab it it would stop.. One of the rubber grommets either pulled through or i wasn't paying attention when i put it back together. Something will always vibrate on a bike at a particular RPM, just when its in your face at cruising rpm it's a PITA. I have a feeling the front brake line vibrates a lot, and there is very little you can do about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.