Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Spiegler dual line question

2K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  IAmEli 
#1 ·
I just got my 2 line spiegler front brake line kit. My question is what are you doing with the right side line as there is no factory guide? Leave it free or cobble something up?

#2 ·
I think I did just leave them free. Hook everything up loose and check how the routing looks, move the bars lock to lock. As long as they don't catch on anything or stick out all over the place you will be fine.

#8 · (Edited)
wolf i installed those lines on my 07 600rr and you can reuse all the guides and for the right side drill out the rivit and use a zip tie to hold it to the hugger.. on the ones that are a solid rubber use a brand new sharp razor blade and cut the seam so you can remove from your old lines

Oh i forgot on the upper bracket that is on the triple tree and next to the horn you will need to take a dremel and bore out the hole slightly so both lines can fit in nicely

give me a minute and ill find the pictures of how i installed mine

#9 ·
Rear line

#10 ·
Front lines

#11 ·
upper bracket

#13 ·
Both of mine hang free. Aftermarket/Racing front fenders don't have the hole for the left side clip so they both hang free.
so drill the holes? instead of letting them run free just my 2cents

#25 ·
Since the lines are SS they really don't move around once you place them. I don't use any of the routing guides on my bikes. Just install them, turn the front end to make sure nothing snags then put it up on a front head lift stand and make sure there is extra line for the suspension travel and then you're good to go.
Just got these lines from you guys. Wish me luck cuz im not good at installing anything :retard:.

#19 ·
idk not hating on anyone but it just looks sloppy when you dont have then in proper location but that just my opinion

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.