Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

is anyone thinking of getting a liter bike?

16K views 108 replies 55 participants last post by  07RR guy 
#1 ·
I've been thinking about getting a 1000rr or 1198s or 1199(heard about glitches and some crankcases blowing up (Carlos Checa tested one and blew) :|) but the Ducati grunt!!!!! But I really like the 1000rr 09 or 12' models.

I've been looking in the 1000r.net forums and dammmm!!!
http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95272

what would you get?

#87 ·
I'm thinking between the S1000RR (not HP4, but earlier model) and a 1000RR Blade. They both seem very good bikes. A friend was saying his ZX10 is great, but I don't think I could get into buying a Kiwi. And like another rider commented, the RSV4 seems like a gamble :| some say its the best bike and .... others say its terrible.
And the Panigale 1199 is 22k OTD at most dealerships on the prairies but that's the base model. I sat on a few this past summer and man they feel sic!!!! But the price is unreal for them lol!!! but I could finance one for two or three years easily :rocker: but having to deal with all the services :sad:

#90 ·
My friend just got an F4rr. Not a fan. A lot of $ for an aging design. Doesn't stack up in the shoot outs either. He also has an 1198 corse tri color. I'd take that over the F4rr.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This post has been deleted
#106 · (Edited)
I have a 2013 CBR1000RR right now. I am going to get arrested.

They're just too damn fast and easy. You don't really need to shift much, you just lazily open up the throttle and lol your way down the road on one wheel.

I prefer my 600RR. More fun to work with the engine.

EDIT: I don't agree that it's a natural progression. Maybe because I'm lucky enough to have ridden so many bikes, but I love the feeling of a 600. I am dying to ride a CBR250R, I still haven't had the chance.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.