Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

TST IT, R&G Aero Bungs vids and pics

3K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  SHAdoh 
#1 ·
I had my TST Industries Tail Light arrive in the post a few days ago, so time for the next round of modding.

TST took about 9 days from USA to UK.....stung by a £17 VAT fee and £8 Royal Mail Fee :banghead:

I installed the TST as per the instructions, cut around 17-18mm from the edge of the bolt hole, and it took out too much!!! Now I have a gap :( Should have cut over 20mm (about 22mm) from the bolt hole for it to fit correctly. Too late now, and jsut a bit of warning to other users. I don know the reason behind this...UK variant? Who knows, but now Iḿ going to have to fill the gap as I ride all year round.

The light itself is excellent though, very very bright. Much brighter than what the videos show.

The LV exhaust does touch the TST. I may be able to adjust it a bit further, but think I may need to make a bracket.

I then installed some R&G Aero crash bungs. I don't like the look of them, but are a neccesary evil and look better than some. Took some fiddling and I needed to trim the fairing with a dremel, but all fitted.

Note, in the video there is an exhaust leak you can maybe hear. I need to re-seal it, and I didn't really rev it much.

En route from Tripage is the number plate holder that I can wait to arrive......I cant ride it until its installed :cruising:

See less See more
1 3
#3 · (Edited)
tst smoked flushmounts would have looked nice,
ill buy your red mids if you ever want to get rid of them
get a small piece of L shape aluminium under carbon strap,couple of 4mm nuts and bolts and plates all back on while your waiting for your adj fe to arrive

#4 · (Edited)
I had my TST Industries Tail Light arrive in the post a few days ago, so time for the next round of modding.

TST took about 9 days from USA to UK.....stung by a £17 VAT fee and £8 Royal Mail Fee :banghead:

I installed the TST as per the instructions, cut around 17-18mm from the edge of the bolt hole, and it took out too much!!! Now I have a gap :( Should have cut over 20mm (about 22mm) from the bolt hole for it to fit correctly. Too late now, and jsut a bit of warning to other users. I don know the reason behind this...UK variant? Who knows, but now Iḿ going to have to fill the gap as I ride all year round.
I found out I did the same when I replace my old tripage setup with the new IT, cut a little to much. I just found some weather strip at the auto part store to fill in the gap.

These were the ones I used.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Motorcycle.com App

#6 ·
bart at tst sells a filler piece specially made if you happen to have a gap from a previous light that may have been larger than the tst,or if you happen to cut a bit bigger
here you go thers a pic of the filler piece on this thread,this install is with a leo as well
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=209107

#7 ·
I'll either try the above weather strip, or probably cut the old end piece up and plastic weld it together. Going to take some time though :)

On a positive note, Tripage plate holder arrived....very quick delivery and no tax dutys!!! woop :drunk:

May get it fitted tonight :)

#8 ·
When I installed my LV exhaust, I angled the bracket which dropped it down. It has plenty of room between it an the IT. Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle Tire Alloy wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive exterior

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#9 ·
I now have a gap of about 2 cm, which is all good.

Getting the exhaust central though is proving a right PITA, and getting the tripage plate holder level on top of that is another real PITA. It looks ok at the moment, but not perfect. Will have to spend a good few hours fiddling when I'm next off work. Then I can post some pics :)

#10 ·
I now have a gap of about 2 cm, which is all good.

Getting the exhaust central though is proving a right PITA, and getting the tripage plate holder level on top of that is another real PITA. It looks ok at the moment, but not perfect. Will have to spend a good few hours fiddling when I'm next off work. Then I can post some pics :)
Lookin forward to your progress. I have a 2bros and hoping the install isn't a PITA myself.

#12 ·
looks good,how much gap between tyre and plate,cant really see,it looks like strap on a leo is quite far forward isnt it,got any side on pics
mind you so long as it dont hit alls good
but ye back end of bike looks great

#15 ·
Cheers :)

ALso sorted out the seal between the slip on and the cat with a bit of copper RTV....cant wait to start it up tomorrow and hear it without the slight blow from that section...it takes 24 hours too cure :retard:

Ill take a few daytime shots when I collect it :)

#17 ·
A new non-wonky plate, a properly centered exhaust with a decent gap. Happy with it all now pretty much.

Only issue I have is the tripage plate holder...as I have to angle it a bit, the white LED are visable from the rear......asking to get pulled over for that. I will have too stick some duct tape or insulation tape over so it only shines down onto the plate.

A nice clear shot of the exhaust gap as well.

#19 ·
looks great kritip,top job, black cowl looks good as well,used to have black on mine,

Reactions: kritip
#21 ·
Cheers mate..tell me about it. The legal size is 9x7 inch, I have a 7x5 inch and dont get any bother, but could easily have a ticket for it.

Here is a picture:

Green Text Font Technology Dvd

Legal on left, 7x5 in the middle ( and seen on the bike), 6x4 on the right

I used too run the 6x4 but it caused me a bit of bother :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.