Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Brembo RCS bleed nipple leaking

13K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  yoyo89833 
#1 ·
Hi...ive bought my rcs two weeks ago...ive fitted it last week tuesday but start notice there is a small leak around the bleed nipple every morning before i went on my bike.... I tried replace the nipple today with a brembo nipple this afternoon, but jus notice it stil leaks in the evening...
Just would like to ask if anyone experience this before?
This reli annoys me as i paid so much for it....seller wants me to take it off send it bak to him for pressure test, but don't really wanna come to that stage...coz i doubt if dealer wil pay me postage and mechanic labour to remove and putting it bak on after...
Im pretty sure its a 'lucky' faulty one....

Thanks.

Product Automotive wheel system Wheel

See less See more
#2 ·
I bought an rcs for this season. Twice I've had to re tighten the bleeder nipple to stop a slow leak. It was already as tight as I could get it so all it did was spin but the second time I re tightened it seemed to work it has been good for 6 months now. I know that doesn't help Much but maybe you just need I give it another turn

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#8 ·
If the tapered seat is leaking, teflon tape is not gonna fix it, it will only make it leak out of the top of the bleeder screw instead of the threads.

The best idea so far would be to loosen and tighten the bleeder a couple times like mountainRR said.

The bleeder screw is steel and the housing is aluminum, by loosening and re-tightening it might cause the tapered seat to kind of "mold" itself to the bleeder screw.

#12 · (Edited)
not sure, jus tighten it to what I can, im not a strong bloke, jus a skinny Chinese....

spoke to the seller today, he needs to send it out to his supplier, and he cant replace it until his supplier test it out and see if its a 'FAULTY' item....gonna take it off on Thursday and send it back....reli disappointed and upset.....i hope the seller doesnt play dodgy with me....

#13 ·
Well that sucks hope the best for ya. I only asked because I used a torque wrench and tried to get it to spec(forget what the number was) but it would spin like it was stripped before i could fully tighten because the brake fluid is like a lube. I just got it to the point it spun then gave it a full turn.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#14 ·
Is it not just what is left sitting in the nipple/cavity after its been bleed?

Use an inch or so long piece of parcel string or roll up some paper towel and stick it in the hole as far as you can for a few hours/ over night a few times to soak up most of fluid which is sitting in the nipple.

#16 ·
at first i thought it was residue too, but its too much as residue and leaks for too long....

also it is leaking out from the thread, not the top of nipple....

i reckon it is something to do with the thread in the cylinder unit, since i tried two nipples already, both leaks.....although original one leaks less....

#18 ·
at first i thought it was residue too, but its too much as residue and leaks for too long....

also it is leaking out from the thread, not the top of nipple....

i reckon it is something to do with the thread in the cylinder unit, since i tried two nipples already, both leaks.....although original one leaks less....
You would be suprised at how much fluid can sit in there. Give it a go. I would hate to see you send it back just to be told theres nothing wrong with it.

The fluid will drain back out of the threads due to gravity (what would happen when you suck up fluid through a straw then you take your mouth away?) The treads are not what create the seal.

Remove the bleed nipple and inspect the sealing area where the nipple seals against the hole/bleed in the M/C make sure theres no damage/heavy scoring etc.

G
#21 · (Edited)
You can also use brake lubricant. They make a brake lube, to be used on the seals and what not in brake systems. In school they taught us if we cannot get the nipple to seal then we can remove it, coat the threads in this brake lube and re- install it. You will need to blead the brakes afterwards. Dont keep tightening it, you may damage the threads.

I see you just sent it in. That sucks.

#22 ·
Jus an update... One week gone passed, phoned up the seller yesterday, he said he sent it to his supplier and got it pressure test and turned out nothing wrong with it!! However he told me his supplier cleaned the thread and put a new nipple on. So he has dispatched it back to me on Monday.
Duno if he is chatting sh%t about the pressure test result... The fact is that it leaks, how can the result turned out nothing wrong with it!? I even print out a colour copy of the picture of the leaks put it in the box when I sent it bak!
I reli hope clean the thread and a new nipple solved the problem...although i was hoping he wil jus replace the whole master cylinder at the first place...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.