Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Mounting licence / number plate to carbon LV exhaust strap

8K views 58 replies 17 participants last post by  TenTMUK 
#1 ·
Recently fitted a Leo Vince Evo2, to the bike and the integrated tail light is on the way, so I'll need some way too mount the plate.

The exhaust strap is carbon and quite thin.

Has anyone mounted a plate to this strap and had it hold up. It doesn't look like it can take much abuse too me.

In the UK the standard plate size is 9x7 inch!! but I have a 7x5 inch. Still bigger than the US plates though.

Looks like some LV straps were steel, which would be a lot better I imagine, but I doubt I could find one as a spare part.

Any ideas?

Cheers :)

#30 ·
I've been plying with plate positions and it looks like it may be a squeeze to run the plate where the strap fits, unless I angle it a lot, which may get me a ticket still.

Got me thinking about shortening the can slightly by removing the end piece, cutting, and re-rivetting. if I do that, I may mount the bracket on the end of the can, where the metal strap is.

Is the bracket on the tripage metal or plastic, and if it's plastic, do you think it will hold up too the pressure of a rivet gun?

#33 ·
Cheers T

Ahmed, thanks for the thread, I had searched for threads like that but missed it. Shame u for stung for the plate, I've had no problems at all touch wood. Please don't say you are having to run a 9x7??!!

Looks like your exhaust strap is in the same position as mine, quite far back. Any probs with the plate fouling in that position?

#34 ·
no got a 8x6 instead, which has been fine.

that was with the two bros can (now got an akrapovic). On the TB, when fully back, ie so it was facing downwards, then yes it did touch the tyre (maybe because im pretty heavy and it was stock suspension), however it just about touched and NEVER caused any problems.

Its really a great set up and one of the cops that stopped me got all happy when he said i haven't got a plate light so he could do me for that too. When i turned the ignition on and showed him, he was very impressed, so i guess hats off to tripage.

#40 ·
#41 ·
^ <3 this.

#44 ·
The wire is thick enough that it won't melt when zip tied to the exhaust bracket edge all the way till it goes up towards the tail setion this is what I did so its not visible at all unless you lean over to look at the bracket itself

#47 ·
Yes you can do it two ways either parallel to the strap or right on top of the strap I used heat shrink on the wire for added protection and zip tied parallel to the strap no issues what so ever

Reactions: Raj24v
#50 ·
Man I haven't been on Photo Bucket looking at my snap shots in quite some time Miss O'Seven I really miss you no doubt you were one hot RR

#53 ·
You can't really see the dangly wire here can you?

If you click on the image to make it full size, you can see it wrapped running up the side of the exhaust :)

Wise choice though. If your in no real rush, I'll be stripping my bike back to stock around march to sell, as I am 90% sure be off overseas to live

#56 ·
Very useful!

I'm in the UK, have just ordered a LV Evo II Carbon and the Tripage IT and FE are on a ship/plane over the Atlantic as a type!

I was wondering how it would fit and look....questions answered!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.