Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Motydesign Gear Indicator & LED Gauge

12K views 65 replies 31 participants last post by  SmoothS70 
#1 ·
So I have recently been looking for a decent Gear Indicator, preferably something that's not very intrusive and is also as plug and play as possible.

After doing my homework, I came across Motydesign.com, and I'm pretty keen on getting one of these gauges as well as an LED colour upgrade.

There are a lot of people on this site who have some of Browning Bucks work on their bikes, and I was just wondering how they are currently finding their new dials?

I'm particularly keen on getting feedback from those people who have had them for a few years now.

Did you have any problems with the install? Any of the LED's blow or fade? Any recomendations for the LED colour change? I like blue...

All and any input wanted :thumbup:

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks OP. I just want to add a GI. This looks really clean. Will definitely do this soon.

#9 ·
Just an FYI. I have a Moty Design gear indicator. It stopped working after a few months. Had to send it back to Moty Design for fixing the issue. I guess some wire had got loose. But my point is this: even though Gear Indicator is under warranty, you are responsible for shipping it back. And if you are like me and don't know how to install it, then you have to pay the labor to put it back in!

#11 ·
i love this mod and want it also. maybe x-mas present....

#21 ·
I was talking to BrowningBuck not knowing he was a member here. I went to his site on another members suggestion. Afterwards I searched him and if you look around this site you'll quickly learn he is a very respected (and respectful) member. I have yet to read a review on this site from the TONS of people who have used his service that would make me nervous.

I just shipped my gauges off to him earlier this week and I can't wait to see the finished result. So far dealing with him has been very easy and contact has been quick. I usually have a mail back from him within a few hours.

I will give a real product review once the gauges come back, but judging from everything I've read about him here I understand his work is top notch.

#25 ·
I didn't see anything about prices being against the rules but I might need to read the stickies. Another quick answer is that different mods cost different, much easier for you to check out his site and select the mods you want and see the cost.

Considering I had a hard enough time pulling the gauges I don't think my skills would have gotten me through a full LED mod so I'm more than happy to let him take care of it haha.

#27 ·
I like it but its really expensive. I will just stick with the GiPro

#29 · (Edited)
I did this to mine.
Notice left to right blinker matches the blue to white fade.

Brian (owner of Motydesign) is a personal friend of mine. I can tell you first hand no one beats him in quality and customer service.

I'm a certified electronics tech. I was able to watch him do the work on my color swap. It became very obvious that he knew exactly what he was doing.

#30 ·
I did this mod myself, and Im very happy about it. Not hard at all. I can say that I thought i was taking a big risk, and had no idea what i was getting into. But i taught myself how to solder, watched videos on youtube, and now i can do this mod easily. Problem now is i have my buddies asking me to do it for them haha.

On another note. Has anyone tried doing it themselves in putting a GI inside the cluster? Ive done my research and it seems the GIpro-DS is the right one to choose IMO. Plus its smaller than any of the other GI's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.