Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Your own custom ToolSet

4K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  sameh90 
#1 ·
I find it wierd that such an active forum whould not have such a thread on required tools..Anywhore I am going soon to the hardware store to pickup some tools and was wondering does anyone have a specific list of the required tools for non major dissassemlby.

By non-major i mean nothing to remove engine...intake..exhaust..radiator..swingarm..fork..etc.. just what is required to do your oil/filter, coolant, brake pads/fluids changes + fairing, seat, fenders, lights removal and access your wires and electrical stuff.

#2 ·
1/2" torque wrench, good set of screwdrivers, good set of Allen keys (I like the T style with handle), 3/4" socket set with sizes 8-24mm sockets, 26(or maybe 27)mm 1/2" socket, breaker bar, tap and die set, torch, extendable magnet,long tweezers, needle nose players, vice grips

Probably missed a few things. If you don't have k&n oil filter get oil filter wrench

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
basically i just got the bike and want to be abke to do most time-based maintenance myself and access all wires since the previous owner has played around with the wiring adding cheesy lights everywhere.

EDIT: it's an 09 no ABS

#5 ·
They are my common tools for accessing and maintenance. Get a 1/4" torque wrench too if u do clearances yourself :)

Buy middle range gear all round, u will use them for the rest of your life. I just buy new things as I need them, no major outlay in one hit and it means I afford better quality tools. Wait until u need something done before u buy tools mate

#10 ·
They are my common tools for accessing and maintenance. Get a 1/4" torque wrench too if u do clearances yourself :)

Buy middle range gear all round, u will use them for the rest of your life. I just buy new things as I need them, no major outlay in one hit and it means I afford better quality tools. Wait until u need something done before u buy tools mate

what does a torque wrench have to do with clearences?

#12 ·
+1

well.. i don't have any experience with them, but a lot of friends have various cheap tools they've picked up there and from what i've seen they all work just as well as my hella expensive snap-on/craftsman/s-k tools. if you're not doing anything major and dont have to worry about snapping sockets, rigerous use or anything, id just save the money and go with harbor frieght

This post has been deleted
#13 ·
to get you started here's my suggestions (i'm sure i'll forget some stuff, but this should get you going)

-socket set/rachet (3/8") 8-19mm (or somewhere around that range)
-breaker bar
-vice grips
-pliers
-oil filter wrench
-flat/phillips screw driver set
-nice allen head set
-hammer
-magnet
-cresent wrench
-set of open end wrenchs 10-19mm (or somewhere around that range)
-flashlight
-oil/coolant catch pan

if you have additional money
-1/4" socket set 6-12mm (or somewhere around that range)
-1/2" socket set 12-26/27mm (or somewhere around that range)
-breaker bar

for wiring-
-wire cutters
-crimper
-voltmeter

Reactions: sameh90
#14 ·
Mini fridge and a 30 pack, bottle of scotch whiskey, 1 litter cola.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.