Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2014 Honda V4 CBR Superbike News / Info

29K views 51 replies 33 participants last post by  highonlakai 
#1 · (Edited)
Edit on 2/14/2013:
Well VisorDown.com has taken the story and ran with it haha. Atleast they did mention that I'm where they got the info/pic from but that may end up turning out to be a bad thing if Honda doesn't follow through with what they were saying lol.

Link to VisorDown.com article with their opinion etc too:

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/new-honda-sports-bike-imminent/22323.html

Knock on wood, February isn't over yet and we'll see something shortly but the wind has been knocked out of my sail haha :stupid:

Original Post Below:
Hello guys,

Not to long ago I gave you guys some updates on the new models that were being released and also gave you some inside info on the whole RC213V derived sportbike that Honda's CEO accounced info on in September.

Well Honda never really gave us dealers any info regarding this new bike BUT... At the end of one of our Redline dealer videos when they released info on the 2013 CBR500R / CB500F / CB500X / F6B / CB1100 they showed a picture of "February 2013" with a picture of a sportbike below it. Everytime they have done this in the past that means they will be releasing info on that bike at that time.

Fast forward to yesterday and Honda released to us that we will get the new Redline video for February tomorrow on Feb. 8th at 12:01 AM PST.

If you put 2 and 2 together, hopefully, that means we will be getting some information on this new bike that everyone is salivating over haha.

I didn't feel like typing all of the information over again as I just finished the post for our Blog with pictures showing more details etc and I didn't want to just copy and paste either for you guys. So long story short if you'd like to see some more info check out the link.

http://www.hondaofchattanoogablog.c...-Date-Info-Specs-Honda-of-Chattanooga-TN.html

I'm going to try and stay up tonight till 3 AM on the east coast so I can post the info up ASAP and not have to wait until I go into work the following morning but we'll see how that plan goes haha.

CLIFF NOTES: New info coming to us dealers at 12:01 AM in the morning. Putting the info together with past info means it should be information on the 2013 / 2014 Honda V4 CBR RC213V RC-V1000 or whatever they decide to call it haha.

Hope you guys enjoy the updates, if not tell me and I'll shut up lol.

See less See more
#9 ·
Subscribed. I hope this really happens and even better, if it is realistically priced. Thank you for keeping us informed.

#13 ·
Subscribed. However I don't have high hopes. This rumor has been floating around for 10 years now, and every couple years something perks up the interest again only to end in disappointment.

But hey, here is to a RCV road bike I probably can't afford. :drunk:

#16 ·
You're welcome guys and thanks for being appreciative. Might have to take you up on that Redbull comment haha.

To the people that aren't believers yet... I'm 100% there with you as I was just recently a little on the disappointed side with the 2013 CBR600RR's BUT hopefully one of the main reasons it didn't get a complete work over was because they have been putting all of their time and effort into this project (knock on wood haha).

I'm not one to pass on rumors as some of them crack me up that float around the internet and not to mention some of the stuff customers come in talking about that they heard from billy bob down the road lol.

This actually has some legitimate information to go along with it and hopefully be true. With Honda releasing that they were definitely building the bike and then with Honda releasing the image below to us dealers:

It shows that they have still got one more sportbike up their sleeves to release and hopefully, just hopefully, it is this new machine we're all waiting for...

But I agree 110% with the people that don't want to get their hopes up yet as Honda hasn't had the best history lately with wowing us when it comes to new stuff with their supersport bikes etc.

#26 ·
Well guys I'm sorry to disappoint... But today didn't come with any news on the new bike :banghead:.

For the life of me I don't know why Honda put the image of the sportbike under February for giving us information if they weren't going to do it. Unless they had planned back in November to have an update but things didn't go as planned etc, who knows.

Honda did however mention multiple times that they had more new bikes up their sleeves to release very soon for the upcoming 2014 model year. Honda has been on the ball with releasing new affordable bikes which in all reality is best for their profit (and mine too haha) because we can sell these small cheap bikes as that is what people want right now.

If you want to check out the new models released today here is a link:

http://www.hondaofchattanoogablog.com/

All of the new models are on the front page so they'll be easy to see for the time being but I'm still working on some more posts with details but it's not sportbike related so I'm doubting many will care on here lol.

2014 Honda CTX700N

2014 Honda CTX700

2014 Honda Pioneer 700

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.