Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

MOTYDesign Acumen & LED gauge mod

3K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  CBR Time 
#1 ·
Why I purchased: Mostly for the acumen mod but if I was going to get it I might as well throw in the LED color change
Purchased from: http://www.motydesign.com/
Price: $290
Did it meet Expectations?: Hell yes, and more.
Would you buy it again: Hell yes!

Brian was quick to respond and polite from my first email until my last. It took me 2 weeks to ship the gauges to him after purchasing the mod I think the turn around time once he had them was 4 days. I didn't pay for over night shipping but the part was back in my hands in a day and a half from when he shipped it back.

When it arrived it was wrapped nicely in bubble wrap and everything looked good on the outside of the box. Inside the part was even better, taking it out I thought it looked perfectly stock except for the addidion of the gear indicator (acumen mod). Putting it back and and seeing it lit up, the pictures really don't show it properly. Everything is perfect.

To top it all off I couldn't figure out how to get the gauges completely taken apart to send it to him so I ended up shipping him an extra part, which he removed, added the mod, then put back on for me before shipping!

Pics in the reply below.

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks awesome mate, I had a gear indicator on my to-buy list, but I definitely prefer the integrated look this gives, and changing the cluster lights from stock orange to red to match my bike would be good...

I'll have to look into shipping costs from/to Australia...

#7 ·
I am a bumbling idiot! Install was fairly simple. You have to take some pieces off to ship him the gauges. It was about 20 screws more or less (I took out 6 extra with the windscreen). Basically the windscreen comes off, the mirrors come off, and the front fairing(if that's what it's called? the front plastic on the bike). You will be able to see your air intake. You ship the gauges to him and a few days later you get them back. Put the piece back where you got it from and button it up. You do have to program the gear indicator but that's really simple. Basically press a button, make sure it's in neutral. Put it in first, press a button, etc. All done. No wiring or any of that mess.

#11 ·
Uh oh, don't show this to Dave aka cbrtime - he will be super jealous.

Brian aka BrowningBuck is an awesome guy to deal with. He is really quick to befriend you and even start joking with you. It makes the customer/supplier relationship just that much better. AND all his products/services are top quality.

#15 ·
You do have to let out of the clutch for it to know the gear though, which is fine by me. But you cant be at a light stopped with the clutch in, drop it 4 gears and it read. Once you let the clutch out you see the gear.

Used it the last 2 days out riding and loving it, the black out is really sexy in the day time.

#19 ·
sorry, cant do GBs. if we had 20 of them on my desk at 3-4 days a piece the last person wouldnt get theirs for almost 3 months from their order date :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.