Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Short Riding Shoes

11K views 96 replies 44 participants last post by  Sun-Zoom-Spark 
#1 ·
i am about to place an order for Taichi Delta BOA Riding Shoes. here's a link.

http://www.taichimoto.com/rs-taichi-delta-boa-riding-shoes/

i want a short riding boot bcuz i only commute a short distance. i wanted to see if any of yall had any good suggestions on the matter. i want a good looking boot that i could maybe pull off walking around but some good protection. alot of the short riding boots are made for comfort and lack some safety which i am not into. i dont wana go over 200 bones. the delta BOA looks to be my best bet, just wondering if u guys have any suggestions. tx.

#42 ·
Good to see someone has sense out there. I know we can come on kinda harsh but its because those of us who have gone down dont want others to make our mistakes if possible. I thought like you did before my first serious accident. I had been riding dirt bikes all my life and crashed those plenty but the speed involved with out bikes on pavement and the forces at play when colliding with obstacles on the road is totally different. When I had to call my wife from the back of an ambulance it changed my life. Luckily I was wearing decent gear including full boots or I would have destroyed my ankles (I settled for two sprained ankles and a lot of bruising, along with some other minor injuries). Now, no gear is too expensive if it does the job better. We dont want to scare you, just understand the seriousness about what you are doing every day. I love bikes and I dont think I will ever stop riding in some capacity but you have to respect the fact that its dangerous and its your duty to yourself and those that love you to be safe.

#44 ·
i dont think any of it was harsh really. we are all fam here on dot net and i know yall are wiser and more experienced than me. yall proved a great arguement and did so in a respectful way. i would be stupid not to take all this advice. i mean, i posted the thread for advice in the first place! im blessed that i got complete strangers looking out for me. it really is a good thing. your right, it is my duty to stay safe. i am so glad i started this thread, i really am.

#43 ·
02gsxxr crash/injury thread from when it happened actually made me start wearing my Alpinestars Octane shoes. There is a ton of support in these and they are super easy to get on (definitely not something to walk around though). Any yes, I know they are not boots but they will definitely get the job done.

#45 ·
02gsxxr crash/injury thread from when it happened actually made me start wearing my Alpinestars Octane shoes. There is a ton of support in these and they are super easy to get on (definitely not something to walk around though). Any yes, I know they are not boots but they will definitely get the job done.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

You can take your chances; I'm booting-up.

#52 ·
So glad to see you changed your mind. Boots are damn expensive, but the way I look at it is try snapping your ankle like a twig one time because you weren't wearing the proper protection. Surgery along with hospital care and time off work is a whole lot more expensive!

I have A* SuperTechs and I wear them every single time I ride. They take just seconds to put on and are really comfortable.

#54 ·
Hey man, make sure you get a boot with an exoskeleton to prevent twisting forces and a strong heel protection and ankle guard. dainese trq pro, Sidi St airs I personally like the sidi st airs for comfort and speed to put them on. I go for short 15 minute rides and it takes me 35 seconds to put them on. A breeze. Never go without it

#55 ·
got off the phone with Jason not too long ago. i was bout to put in an order in for some Sidi Cobra Air's but ended up going with the A* SMX+

big ups to Jason for helping me out on the order. gave me a good deal on em! cant wait to get this in the mail!

thank you to all you who gave me great advice. my feet will one day owe it to you.

WOOOOH!

#56 ·
thank you to all you who gave me great advice. my feet will one day owe it to you.

WOOOOH!
lets hope they do not, but in the event your feet / ankles are tested ... you are welcome ;)

#58 ·
Great thread! .NET community ftw! Nice looking boots.

#60 ·
I'm buying some boots before my return home. Full boot and vented for sure. I'm glad they got you to change your mind! Such a caring bunch around here :retard:

#62 ·
I'm buying some boots before my return home. Full boot and vented for sure.
i'll definitely take you up on that! :drunk::gun1:

I'm glad they got you to change your mind! Such a caring bunch around here :retard:
i can be a little blunt when talking about boots, got me in trouble before actually. also got me a free set of amazing Supertech-R's....:fyou:

#63 ·
yup...can't express enough how important it is to have good riding boots. I broke my left ankle in 2004 in a motorcycle accident. Was wearing only running shoes and my ankle snapped on impact. If only I had proper boots on, I would have just sprained it. I got 3 pins in my ankle now.

#67 ·
Now I'm starting to lean towards Alpinestars, just gotta find the pair I want now and decide how much I'm going to spend. My buddy just told me he picked up a pair of GP 1 gloves that are slightly too big for him but might be my size... Guess I'll find out in a couple months.

#68 ·
I'm a college student and have gone down before (left turn no-looking cager:cursin:)
I ended up with a plate and 12 screws in my wrist. My ankle however was sprained severely, doc said you should have broke it if you wanted a full recovery, I'm definitely looking to get a boot, I have a friend at a* so price is lenient, I have to ask though, what is it like walking around with a boot anywhere? I've never owned a pair, and I will be checking out to see if I can get a locker somehwere on campus but let's say you go out to the grocery store or you and your buddies ride out to a bike night get together, are they comfy to walk in ?
I want to have boots but don't want to be walking on cleats, never owned a pair of boots so I'm a straight up boot squid :ciao:

#71 ·
Holy thread revival, Batman.

Now I won't lie... I've been looking at short boots for the last month, trying to decide between Dainese Dyno's or SMX-2's.

After reading all of this, I've got to have a pair of full-size boots.

Jason, I'll be e-mailing you shortly. Hopefully you can throw some kind of offer to me? :ciao:

#73 ·
I've owned my supertech R from A* for 1 season and i gotta say even when me and the wife go for the night and decide to take the bike I don't even feel like I am wearing MC race boots feel like I have regular shoes on... Probably more comfortable actually... I have even had pple comment on my boots that those are some sweet shoes cause my jeans are pulled over them and they have no idea that I am wearing a full race boot.... Then ill pull up my pants a little and they give me that weird look like wtf but Idc I know I am that much safer

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#75 ·
I too have the supertech r's and they are great boots, just a pain to take on/off and my parents got me sm-2 for xmas not knowing i bought myself boots, and i decided to keep both since it wont hurt to switch between the two depending on the ride i plan on doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#77 ·
I current have a pair of Sedici Lorenzo riding boots. But after reading this thread, I am thinking about upgrading to something with more protection. Looking to spend in the neighborhood of $300. It must be comfortable enough to wear all day and offer as much protection as possible. I wear a size 8.5 shoes if that makes any difference in seletion.

Jason, could you hook me up with something? TYIA.

Here's what I currently have:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.