Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

moty design batteries

12K views 87 replies 30 participants last post by  Nuttynu 
#1 ·
any one have feed back after using the batteries that browning buck makes? my oem battery is killing me right now, wont hold a charge over night, and im getting pretty tired of bump starting that f*cker. i want to get one of these light batteries, couldnt really find a review or anything about an extended amount of use. thanks

#2 ·
have had mine for a while now, works flawless.

#4 · (Edited)

im not selling since i dont even have cells at this time, but i would just like to educate the group on performance... this is NOT considered normal use and would no expect long battery life from this type of use, but i do want to illustrate the power and ability of these cells.

#6 ·

im not selling since i dont even have cells at this time, but i would just like to educate the group on performance... this is NOT considered normal use and would no expect long battery life from this type of use, but i do want to illustrate the power and ability of these cells.
I have a friend that has that battery, so you're the one that makes them ??? Only heard great things about it.
Please PM me on how I can get one.

#8 ·
I got one of his batteries about a month ago. i needed something small so i could remove battery tray. This thing is great. It started my bike when it was like 20 degrees out and the the first time it ran in 4 months. not a problem.

The best part is how light it is. so much weight saved over stock.

#9 ·
LOL, i love the sigh in the video, sounds like your having a non self induced starting issue ;)

#11 ·
okay, just so everyone doesnt have to email me. i will have batteries ready to ship in ~ 2weeks. ill be a vendor again! and you guys will be the first to know about there availability.

#14 ·
Hmmm, my stock one still is strong, but it would be nice to have this for when mine does take a crap. Would I have any problems just storing it for say 3 months? Or would I have to hook it up to a battery tender? I want to do a couple track days this summer and I think I would just throw this in for those events.

#12 ·
I'm confused? The video illustrates how it would not start and by inserting a "fuse" it starts right up? Doesn't normal battery behave the same?

Don't get me wrong, I would pick up your battery in a heart beat, but I'm just trying to understand what's the video is about.

#15 ·
I'm confused? The video illustrates how it would not start and by inserting a "fuse" it starts right up? Doesn't normal battery behave the same?

Don't get me wrong, I would pick up your battery in a heart beat, but I'm just trying to understand what's the video is about.

DOH!:banghead:

#13 ·
the video is to show how many times you can crank it over and over without it going dead. try doing that with a standard big battery it'll be dead after about 4 cranks. the whole point is to show the power of it and its ability to keep trying to start the bike. the fuse out was only to let him keep cranking it without it starting

#18 ·
okay, the point of the vid was to illustrate its ability.

general talk on forums has created the idea that these batteries are only good for on or two cranks and if your bike doesnt start, your SOL and have to push. i wanted to disprove the thought. as for will it store well? Yes these batteries could sit in a cool dry place for 5 plus years and start a bike up right no problem. however if you leave it on a bike with an alarm system over the week end it is doubtful youll ever get any battery to start your bike. it isnt a SUPERMAN battery, it behaves just like anyother on in that if you leave a load on it, it will go dead. they weigh only 13oz(less than a pound) compaired to the stock battery at 97 to 112oz(6 to 7 pounds) depending on the battery. they throw down a solid 120A burst or a continuios 70A supply.

thats what these do :)

#20 ·
Have a 1000 cells hitting my door today!!!! looks like i need to put them together ASAP become a vendor and give you boys the deal i promised. i have some new ideas of providing an 8 cell with two Quick disconnects (really its just two batteries, incase you kill one you have a back up)... anyway ill talk to you guys in a day or two, i got some work to do (not to mention i am SICK as a dog and need to push these three sets of gauges off my desk)

#23 ·
yes, thats the 8 cell version, or 12 cell.... but still if the battery is left on and goes dead , same situation. so the 2 QDs allow you to have 2 batteries.

#25 ·
Moty's battery works great. I winterized my bike last Nov and took out the battery and put it in my closet. Last week I finally took the bike out and when I put the battery back in and fired up the bike, it cranked over on the first try in like 2secs.. Great Product! :)

#26 ·
thanks guys... no list yet... i like to have product READY to ship (ie in boxes awaiting payment, just needs a name and address before shipping) then MORE IMPORTANTLY i need to be a VENDOR!!!!

anyway i know FOR A FACT ill have a good Group buy ready for Monday ;)

#31 ·
Used my 0.5 version now for 6000 miles and almost what like 6 months without any major issue, if your going to leave it for awhile unplug it but leave it in the bike. They seem a little temperature sensitive every once in awhile meaning it takes a few cranks but no biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.