Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Power Pures Discontinued?

4K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  Rheology 
#1 ·
This post has been deleted
#11 ·
I would say that they are being discontinued because of a new and improved tire coming out. I've been on Michelins for about the last 7 years and it a cycle of continuous improvement. I started my track days with the Pilot Powers. Then I went to the Power Race, then the Power One, and now I'm on the Power Cup, which BTW, is absolutely the most confidence inspiring tire that I've ever used (it's strictly a track day/race tire though)

Reactions: OveRReV
#20 ·
I just picked up the Pure this Summer for a good deal. Now I see why the price dropped. Time to pick up more of these since every shop is trying to get rid of it. Always have been riding the Michelin. I love the aggressive lean angle and the craftsmanship. Bridgestone look promising too but I don't want to change.

#21 ·
I have a Power Pure on the front and I swear they are so noisy I thought the bearings had gone. Ended up replacing the bearings just in case, should have been wiser as the noise changes depending on the road surface, when I'm rolling with my visor open it sounds like you're dragging a piece of carpet down the road.

New markings have come into the EU for tyres, including noise and fuel economy, I have a sneaking suspicion this could be why they've been discontinued.

#22 ·
Been a Q2 man for as long as they've been out. Only other tire I used extensively on the road was the Pilot Power. While they lacked the grip of a Q2, the PPower retained it's shape better than any other sport tire I've ever had. I never had "shoulders" on a Power.

Never tried the Pures, but if it's anything like a Power but better... I'm in. And now that they've been improved? If they beat the Q2 price I will be very interested.

#23 ·
michelins are generally a bit more pricey than the dunlops especially in the hypersport tire department but for the sake of curiosity if the price difference doesn't discourage you, you should try the Pures before they run out & give us your opinion on them.

i already tried them before at the track & i even raced with them on the rain (& won) so that alone shows how good these tires are.

like you i've been through a lot of tires over the years & now i'm climbing up the ladder, here's the list of tires i have used.

#1 Pilot Power (regular)
#2 Power Race (commercial)
#3 Power Pure
#4 BT003 (race)
#5 Supercorsa SP (street/track)
#6 Power One (race)
#7 Supercorsa SC2 (race)

#1 to #3 when i was still riding street, but now i'm riding track exclusively so i have not much info on hypersport tires now, you might also give the Pirelli Rosso Corsa or the Rosso II's a try, you might like them except for the price. LOL

#24 ·
My problem is I ride so many different bikes that I can't always tell what is the tire and what is the bike. I've ridden somewhere in the ballpark of 70 bikes in the last 5 years and I've always had Michelin, Dunlop, Pirelli, Bridgestone, and once I had Metzler.

Got a pretty kickin' deal with Dunlop and that's all I've been using for the last 30,000 miles or so. Q2's for my CBR and RoadSmart II for my RC51.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.