Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

One more Honda Sportbike that wasn't released - 2013 Honda V4 CBR Fireblade RC213V?

9K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  MachRider 
#1 ·
Figured I would start a new thread for this so everybody see's it and it doesn't get lost 10 pages back in the 2013 CBR600RR thread.

As a lot of you know back in September of this year Honda announced the plans to build a new super sport bike derived from the RC213V MotoGP bike. Well I for one thought to myself, yeah ok like that'll happen anytime soon.

Well... Fast forward to today, I was going back over some information released yesterday and noticed something I didn't see the first go around.

Honda has another sportbike they will be releasing the information on in February of 2013. Could it be this bike Honda has spoke of? We can only speculate but I for one am curious and can't wait to see what Honda has up their sleeves.

Some might say, that is just a picture showing when they are releasing the 2013 CBR's to the dealers etc but it's not. Honda has done these over the years to show their plans on releasing a models info to us over the next few month timeframe etc.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Wasn't it just a month or so ago that the Honda CEO announced that they were going to produce it? Big question on this is was announcement ahead of release or beginning of project? Feb 2013 would be waaaaay too soon for that if they were simply announcing the project. Even Feb 2014 for an entirely ground up design. They usually take a couple years for each development. When they were updating 600's and 1000's every third year the new design team started before the current one was even introduced as I've read before. The updates I think they can do within a model year cycle. Then again Phil Read was spreading the rumor after talking to some HRC employees at the GP's in 2011. If they had already been developing it then and just now announcing production then it's possible we could see it soonish. Seeing as this is primarily going to be a homologation ringer for world and national production racing it would reason that it would be released prior to race season work up. Maybe fall 2013 for spring 2014 race season?

This post has been deleted
#11 ·
#12 ·
Here's a street version of the discs. You don't even want to know how much these cost either.

http://www.braketech.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=95

The Brembo calipers will set you back even more. But if you're really curious here's just the left side cost. Keep in mind you still need a right side.

http://www.oppracing.com/product_di...m-p43438-monoblock-caliper-alli-left-caliper/
HOLYYYYYY SH*T! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!? I bought my bike for 4k lol! That brake disc by itself cost more then my bike....... Hard to believe. I know this is a bit far but... How much does a totally decked out race bike cost then?

#16 ·
I think the first article I read had this in it.

"This is definitely not a replacement for the CBR1000RR Fireblade and will be more akin to the £40,000 Ducati Desmosedici RR..."

#23 ·
All MotoGP bikes are true prototypes unless they are CRT bikes. They cant share any tech (Engine/frame/swingarm) with current production machines. So it shoudnt look like a CBR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.