Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Finished AUDI mod PICS!

9K views 49 replies 28 participants last post by  sd_21 
G
#1 ·
finally got the time to bake the headlights and do the audi mod. I put the led strip across the top of the headlight, rather than the bottom. Looks much better IMO. Pics below.

DDM 35W 5000k HIDs are also installed and shown.

See less See more
G
#40 ·
So there is an issue with is mod that I should mention to anyone who wants to do this mod. The LED strip is quite large for the area within the headlight so it pushes for space against the reflector piece. This will cause issues unless you move the reflector by turning the screw to make the headlight aim higher (this moves the reflector a little up to give the LED some space).

It looks very nice when done but it will become a problem for other drivers, especially since I have HIDs.

Therefore I am planning to order the side emitting LEDs (since they are more flexible) and place them on the bottom of the headlight instead of the top. This way the headlights can aim lower and become more "friendly" towards other drivers, and cops.

I will update with the progress as I go.

G
#43 ·
Finally got around to solving the issue I mentioned. The LEDs inside the headlights took up space and therefore forced the reflector in the headlight to aim higher.

I figured out a solution. Those flexible LED strips I used can be cut shorter (it can only be cut in groups of 3 lights). After cutting the LED strip down 3 lights, it didn't take up space from the reflector anymore and I am able to aim the reflector as I please easily.

As you will notice in the pictures, it LED strips are slightly shorter. Hope this helps anyone who might be doing this modification in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.