Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2013 Daytona 675R

14K views 63 replies 28 participants last post by  danlar 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/2013/146_1210_2013_triumph_daytona_675_675r_first_look/

Well the 2013 675R is out, biggest change right away is the center can is gone :( i guess more and more bikes are getting rid of it. Lots of upgrades this year, incl a new engine

"At the heart of the 2013 Daytona is its new engine, which brings more performance and a subtly new character too. The new model’s power is up 3PS to 128PS (126bhp, 94.2kW), peaking earlier at 12,600rpm and revving on for longer (14,400rpm). Another improvement is the bike’s maximum torque, which is 2Nm higher at 75Nm (55.3lb.ft, 7.63kgm), achieved in part by new twin injectors per cylinder and changes to the intake system. An added bonus of these improvements is an increase in the quality and volume of the signature three-cylinder snarling intake roar for the rider."

"The exhaust system is a clear change, as the compact and purposeful new unit now sits beneath the engine rather than below the rear seat. This is a consequence of the mission by Triumph's engineers to centralise the bike's mass as much as possible and move the weight forward - a key ingredient for making the new Daytona even more agile and yet more stable at speed too. "

I like the new look personally, this bike is still high on my list. Looking forward to seeing it up close at the bike show

See less See more
#30 ·
I can agree with the comments on the nose. Seems more and more bikes are favoring a round sculpted or blunt nose. I like the new 600rr a bit more, and I guess it's now the only bike for the under tail lovers and I was dead sure that was out of the picture.

Built what really makes me sauce is this improved engine. Titanium valves 14,800 rpm redline. More over squared with a shorter stroke and bigger piston. 126 horsepower and it holds it better past peak hp, gotta see it on the dyno.

None the less, with that pistons 4mm bigger in diameter, it will respond very well in improvements such as racing exhaust. Up 3 horsepower and 2 ft-lbs of torque from last year, but with a radically altered delivery curve.

Another thing is apparently cycleworld was astonished and the finish quality of the bike. Another publication says it a new standard for sport bikes in general. Love those Torx fasteners used to mount various pieces such as the sub frame. Very high quality finish and I do like Torx bits better than hex heads.

Stock bike gets new KYB suspension so I'm eager to hear how that performs on the bike, as well as a rear brembo brake caliber. It has 6 injectors now, a slipper clutch, and looks to have electronic throttle. (why not for us sports port touriers program some cruise control in ;) )

My feeling with the honda is this latest 600rr may just be a two year runner until a new from the ground up bike is put out.

#32 · (Edited)
I love Miss18RR for me the differences that you notice right away is the weight and the power delivery / torque the 675 R is so much easier to move around and it's power is there right off the bat in comparison to the RR. These numbers are right off the Triumph web site the 2012 Maximum Power 125PS / 124bhp / 92 kW @ 12600rpm & Maximum Torque 72Nm / 53 ft.lbs @ 11700rpm.
But the 2013 Maximum Power 128PS / 126 bhp / 94 KW @12500rpm & Maximum Torque 74Nm / 55ft.lbs @ 11900rpm. Take a look for yourself
http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/motorcycles/range/supersports/daytona/2013/daytona-675r/24443

#34 ·
The MV F3 might be sexier in the looks department but that is about it a couple of bike magazines did some comparison reports and almost every reporter / tester preferred the 675R

#36 ·
:+1:great lookn bike, id still get the 675R and save $ to boot :)

I like the looks a lot! Just wish they stuck with the undertail or moved to an underbelly.

Since I track, I hate side exits because they are so likely to get effed up. Actually I think all manufacturers should switch to underbelly exhausts. Safest place to be on a bike.
:+1: totally see your point here

#35 ·
I like the looks a lot! Just wish they stuck with the undertail or moved to an underbelly.

Since I track, I hate side exits because they are so likely to get effed up. Actually I think all manufacturers should switch to underbelly exhausts. Safest place to be on a bike.

#38 ·
When you put them side by side 2012 and 13 you notice the changes a bit more, i liked the "Daytona" on the lower like our Honda, and it looks like the red sub frame is a bit thicker, also can see the mirror change

#42 ·
I like the old one much more!!! I guess that's good cuz its the only one Ill be able to afford lol
starting to think the same thing lol, hey it will and should bring the 2012 price down a bit? if there any left in stock that is

#41 ·
Saw and sat on new new Daytona today at EICMA (Milan Bike Show). It's way better in person than in the pics! Too bad the new RR isn't...
good to know thx, did they tell you why no undertail anymore or projection lamps?

#58 ·
Shorter exhaust usually means more top end look at r6 vs cbr6 long exhaust means more tq they tired it in 2010 I believe with ten Kate and even the bmw team did it with the longer exhaust at some tracks where they needed tq and when it was a power track the short exhaust. I just wish all the manufactures would just bring out pure race bikes. So I didn't have to take all that crap off just to sell it and buy the real stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.