Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

sharpie bike 03 600rr project

10K views 73 replies 43 participants last post by  ybm 
#1 ·
Got an 03 600rr a couple months ago, this is my first street bike, have always had fast dirtbikes/four wheelers since I started riding at age 4.
First off pulled the normal maintenance items and new michelins, then proceeded to raise the bike back up to stock height.
After that paint was needed to get rid of that yellow and the cracks in the fairings. Decided to go with a konica minolta theme mostly because it was simple and clean, I thought about going balls to the wall and marbelize/ water drop it with crazy colors but decided to hold back. Also used a flat clear to be a little different.
Next came the painting of levers, forks, swingarm, and peg brackets.
Inspired by the sharpie Lamborghini floating around the internet I decided I would give this sharpie madness a try, I mean worse comes to worse I just repaint the white again, no big deal. Started off with valentino rossi's sun and moon then just pretty much went crazy from there. Come january I'll strip it back down and clear over the whole thing again.
Hopefully christmas will bring an integrated tail light, shorty levers, a solo cowl, and a few more goodies.
Tell me what you guys think.

Attachments

See less See more
#55 ·
Bro!!!! I dig the sharpie job... you have given me a few ideas ..... Now my experiance with sharpies are they rarely come out true black... usually have a purple tint... have you had any issues with that?

I'm thinking paint pens.... or acrylic paint....

#61 ·
As far as the purple tint instead of black, you don't really have those issues because the sharp edge that you need wears away faster than the black fades.
Originally I painted and cleared then sharpied and am now reclearing. Ideally paint, sharpie, then clear would be ideal. But some paints can't sit for longer than a couple days without clear, or you get a bunched, raised, cracked mess. Just talk to your paint guy.
Painted my extra set of fairings this week, I'll upload a pic tomorrow. It's a very bright, different paint job I'll put it that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.