Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Post a pic of your 03-06 600RR!!!!

273K views 1K replies 620 participants last post by  RRuJelly 
#1 · (Edited)
Post a Picture of your 03-06 600RR!!!!

It's 2010, so it's natural to see the 07+ 600rr as the more favored/common bike to be modified these days....

but i'm sure there is still a strong fanbase for the 03-06 600rr's...

I know I'm a loyal 05/06 600rr owner....

Post a picture of your 03-06!

Hopefully we can get a strong thread going and get this to be a sticky.

Don't let the uglier 07+ beat us out!!!

See less See more
Reactions: PhongLe
#1,234 ·
gee i guess i need to ditch my ancient conventional telescopic forks for superior USD forks on my 03-04 600RR......... but this is the same ancient outdated conventional telescopic forks i used to beat the competition running superior USD forks on their R1, 1000RR, 1098 superbikes during my last race.

i also need to ditch my ancient conventional Nissin brake calipers in favor of the superior Tokico, Brembo, Soqi monoblock radial calipers that the aforementioned bikes use............ but wait this is the same ancient conventional brake calipers i used to outbrake my competition.

don't underestimate what a resprung & revalved conventional fork can do, a well tuned conventional fork can perform just as well as a well tuned USD fork, running USD forks don't mean squat if you can't dial it in & for street riding you won't notice the difference between a conventional & USD fork.

same goes for the brakes, for street riding you can't tell the difference between conventional vs radial calipers unless you're braking at the limit.

it's a good thing i spent my money on Ohlins springs & Bitubo valving shims to tune my ancient conventional Showa cartridge fork, if i happened to join the USD conversion bandwagon i would have just ended up with a stock under damped & under sprung forks that would require new springs & new valving to make it work which would have cost a lot more.

besides i love to beat guys on modern, technically superior 600, 750, 1000, 1200 sportbikes with my ancient, outdated & inferior 03-04 600RR, if i lose to them i can just make up an excuse that it's my bike but if i beat them they have no excuse.

one of the guys i raced against told me to "upgrade" to a 1000, i asked him why? he said "so that we wouldn't be humiliated if we got beat by a rider on a 1000, to get beat by a 600 is just too much" :crackup: that is why i love my bike even more.

#1,248 ·
your bike may have USD forks but inside it still has the same outdated 20mm cartridge damper with combined rebound/compression damping which our ancient forks have.

if you want to be really updated you might want to consider changing to a big piston fork like the 2013 600RR has or retrofit an Ohlins NIX 30mm or TTX 25mm gas cartridges with separate compression (left leg)& rebound (right leg).

just saying.

#1,246 ·
We get it, you're the guy whom has sat in a classroom and has the most up-to-date modern suspension designed even after the death of our beloved space program took place, handcrafted by aliens from Area 51, in the spirit of Steve Jobs and all things technologically advanced.

Back to Post a pic of your 03-06 600RR!!!! please!

#1,255 ·
Inverted forks are positioned on the motorcycle opposite or upside down when compared to conventional forks. The leverage forces that cause fork flex are greatest at the triple clamp area and weakest at the front axle. On inverted forks, the large outer tube of the fork is clamped in the bike’s triple clamps and the sliding inner tube holds the axle and front wheel. By locating the large diameter tubes in the triple clamp, the inverted or upside down fork have their largest and strongest parts combating the highest stress. This arrangement gives the forks high rigidity, which improves their response by reducing the side loading of the internal bushings (sliding surfaces). This kind of response is particularly important in high performance applications. Most inverted forks use cartridge-type damping systems.

Also, since the damping mechanisms are now held by the triple clamps, unsprung weight is minimized. Reducing unsprung weight is one of the biggest contributors to quality suspension performance, particularly for featherweight motorcycles like the YZ series or R1 and R6. :fyou:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.