Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

sharpie bike 03 600rr project

10K views 73 replies 43 participants last post by  ybm 
#1 ·
Got an 03 600rr a couple months ago, this is my first street bike, have always had fast dirtbikes/four wheelers since I started riding at age 4.
First off pulled the normal maintenance items and new michelins, then proceeded to raise the bike back up to stock height.
After that paint was needed to get rid of that yellow and the cracks in the fairings. Decided to go with a konica minolta theme mostly because it was simple and clean, I thought about going balls to the wall and marbelize/ water drop it with crazy colors but decided to hold back. Also used a flat clear to be a little different.
Next came the painting of levers, forks, swingarm, and peg brackets.
Inspired by the sharpie Lamborghini floating around the internet I decided I would give this sharpie madness a try, I mean worse comes to worse I just repaint the white again, no big deal. Started off with valentino rossi's sun and moon then just pretty much went crazy from there. Come january I'll strip it back down and clear over the whole thing again.
Hopefully christmas will bring an integrated tail light, shorty levers, a solo cowl, and a few more goodies.
Tell me what you guys think.

Attachments

See less See more
#33 ·
@mach I was wondering who the first person would be to notice the hatchet man haha, you gotta admit though some of their stuff is pretty funny.
Got in 100 miles this morning and took a couple of full bike pics. Had an old man come up to me in a wheelchair in a parking lot today, as I saw him coming I just knew he would shake his head at it, the design and just the type of bike in general. But surprisingly he asked a few questions then said he really liked it and kept rolling, nice to be appreciated for what you can do instead of stereotyped. 20 year old kid on a "crotch rocket" to most people = a hooligan.

Attachments

#35 ·
That is sexy as hell.

I showed my wife and she proceeded to inform me that she can do this too. I told her that when the day comes that I throw my bike down the road I will repaint in flat white and let her go to town.

Almost makes me wanna throw it down just to get this done.....almost. ;-)

To the OP, that's an amazing eye and sure hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#42 ·
Awsome work... Hope u can Procter it so it don't fade or drip when it rains or is sunny as hell... Haha protect man... Dope paintjob too who did the white n black with the red?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#49 ·
man looks amazing as i already said earlier, might send you something to work on and of course you would get paid haha, im thinkin when i pull the trigger on my bell (all black CF helmet) do some crazy work with silver and blue and then clear coat it......

#53 ·
Yes icp does have some pretty questionable views on things and their followers do tend to be sketchy at best. I just think some of their stuff is pretty funny.
@07rr06si We might be able to work something out, I'd practice on something black first to make sure it looked ok first. Just let me know if you're still interested down the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.