Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

ChainTroubles

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  skoobie snacks 
#1 ·
So I did a driven 520 -1 +2 upgrade a few weeks ago and have noticed that I have to adjust my chain after almost every ride. I know that this is normal at first but I've never had to do it this much for ths long. Everything is in it's correct place and axle nuts are at the proper torque...... I'm stumped

#3 ·
chain+sprox replaced as a set?

sometimes when you mix/match you will just cause accelerated wear to your chain......which can go rapidly after a few hundred miles.....

also arent driven rear sprox Aluminum?
chain/sprockets replaced as a set and they are 45c steel.

#6 ·
Yea just keep an eye on it after every ride or so. I just replaced mine in June (Superlite sprockets -1front) but have no issues although I only ride about once a week.

how often do you ride and how many miles average per ride?

#9 · (Edited)
I ride about 100-200 miles a week.... I noticed I've also been getting a lot of brake dust... I'm going to break it down tomorrow and recheck everything. It's a RK chain so quality isn't to bad. I with you guys on it being adjusted to much. My last sprocket/chain change didn't need this much adjustment either.... :banghead:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.