Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2 Friends in 1 Week

3K views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  bejbis 
#1 ·
Within this last week 2 friends have gone down, but where fairly new riders, where waring no gear (helmet nothing else) and both hospitalized (had a few things done there) but made it out alive.

One rider went down bc he told me that he thought he had fully passed the curb and hit it with his back tire and got high sided.

In total I have had 6 friends go down in this 7 month riding time, can't even remember the amount I have seen in group rides. Lucky no one has died. I know it mainly is the company of riders I am with, mixing inexperience with the road and **** happens.

What I am saying is be safe! Is anyone else having the same experience as me?

#5 ·
ive had my bike since june, and ive only seen one person go down, he target locked thru a mild turn. I almost watched my brother lowside reaaaaal hard but he saved it somehow. Other than that I have been pretty fortunate, but I am picky who i ride with. There are definitely people who are less experienced than myself, but I dont ride with any who I know rides like a true ahole. the people i ride with most often, i trust the most. We know how each other rides and reacts so we all ride together pretty well

#9 ·
Get your buddies some training wheels. Might want to ditch them before they run you over.

I posted a thread like this about a month ago about one of my best friends being very squidly. Hopefully after all your friends going, down they will learn pretty quick how important wearing gear can be.

#12 ·
**** my best friend just went down last night. Luckily he was wearing his dainese jacket and helmet. But jeans no gloves or boots. We just finished changing his oil and air filters. (apparently old air filters caked up to brand new ones is a night a day difference, he rides a fire blade) but he was hospitalized for 4 hours. Got super lucky. Only bad road rash and no broken bones. On his hands and left leg. Somehow his shoes ended up 50 feet behind him and his bike 50 feet in front of him

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#14 ·
Well now I know I'm not the only one with friends that are accident prone. This friend of my is a stubborn hard headed ***. He's also a new rider and got his bike about two months ago. One week and a half in he goes down and breaks his collarbone. He takes a month to actually get surgery due to insurance issues, but he jumps on the bike before getting surgery (messed up collarbone) to ride around the lot and drops the bike. This guys new '12 R6 now looks like crap because aside from the accident, he has dropped the bike multiple times. Once on the first day he got his bike and three more times after the accident. He's not riding again but I highly suggested that he get rid of the bike. Sometimes these new riders get too excited and rush into things.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#21 ·
going down is almost inevitable for bikers, always prepare for it its the only way(by wearing proper gears). You never know what others will do to you on the road.

#28 ·
Dude, you have owned a bike from each of the Big 4 and a Ducati. That is a privilege, I wonder which one is your favorite

Now back on topic. Almost 90% of riders in the country are squiddly diddly, that is why I prefer to ride alone. You really need to develop chemistry and be on the same wavelength as those you ride with, otherwise the consequences can be harrowing.

Best of LuckToroPop with the rest of your friends; hopefully they stay in one piece.

#22 ·
This past summer I rode with a guy who had an old cb900. It was his first bike and totaled it asap! He got another Honda. But the guy wore stuff to protect him, which is a good thing. He said he probably would of never bought another bike if he went threw the cheese grinder without wearing his leather/helmet.

Ride safe and keep them eyes peeled!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.