Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Pushed my new bike 5.5 miles home and got pulled over

9K views 127 replies 52 participants last post by  NaturalPhenomenon 
#1 ·
So I'm pretty new here and I had a cbr 250cc 2011 I figured I'd upgrade from selling me old bike. I found a guy on 600rr.net goes by the name of bryan (beryenbeh) I had found his cbr online for sale and it was 6k. I schedule an arrangement to go check out the bike. As soon as I got there he was a pretty decent guy. The bike started right but and that was when I checked all of the maintenance and stuff. Right when I was about to ride it home the bike didnt start. He had asked me, "what did you do to the bike". I looked at him and said wtf I didnt even do anything all i did was start up the engine. In my head i knew he was up to something. He had a car battery within 3 feet away from him as if he knew what was wrong with the bike. The motorcycle started I rode it home. He left me with the bike with an empty tank. As soon as I pumped gas and took the bike out for a ride i was about 6 miles away from home. next thing you know the battery died. I called him up and he said the battery had 5 year warranty on it he calls me back again and said sorry it was only 1 year warranty that was when I had no money no friends with a truck and a flatbed. I pushed the bike home for 4 hours half naked because it was hot as f***. then a police officer pulled me over as i was pushing a 300 something pound bike. He had thought I stole it.. i mean who wouldn't think so came home around 3am dead tired just went to sleep woke up went to go buy a battery for 200$ and replaced the HID bulbs and ballast with regular long lasting bulbs i spent about 250 dollars. Sigh if i knew i was gonna get into this pushing the bike home kinda thing i dont think i would have bought this bike then he was complaining how i wanted to lowball just 300 dollars off from 6000 and said he was doing me a favor by taking off 200 the dude said the bike was sold as is. As of right now I really do not know who is wrong in this situation. All I know is that when I sell my vehicles I try my best to not give the other buyer a hard time. I mean we could all save ourselves the constant headaches everyday right? here are the pics of the bike and i ended up buying a yuasa battery and threw away the stupid motydesign battery with "5 year warranty"

Attachments

See less See more
#110 ·
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Thankfully you are a member on the most reliable and stand-up forum I have come across. There are great guys on here that will genuinely help you out without asking for anything in return. Sometimes I wish I was in the States to meet up with some of the guys on here (like Moeman and others) , really; maybe some day. But for now, stay positive and after you are done restoring the bike you can always out it up for sale and see if it will fetch a good price. If so, take the money and buy something else, if not keep it and ENJOY IT!

Make sure you do these 3 things when buying a used vehicle.
- Take an experienced rider/mechanic with you.
- Make sure it hasn't been totaled or reported stolen.
- Always meet at a place with lots of witnesses, preferrably a dealer that can run a complete checkup on the vehicle (on the spot) and report to both of you. (It's worth the money)

Best of luck turning this around, things will only get better hopefully. Keep us posted.

#111 ·
AutoCheck.com
Your AutoCheck Vehicle History Report
2007 Honda CBR600RR
Report Run Date: 2012-11-20 13:42:22.963 EST
Report Summary

Class: Street Motorcycle - Sport
Engine: 599CC 4 Cyl Unleaded Gas
Country of Assembly: Japan
Vehicle Age: N/A
Calculated Owners: N/A

VIN: JH2PC40187M000893
Year: 2007
Make: Honda
Model: CBR600RR
Style/Body:

This vehicle's AutoCheck Score
This vehicle has no Score.

There is no AutoCheck Score available for this vehicle.
This vehicle does not qualify for Buyback Protection

Unfortunately, this vehicle does not qualify for our Buyback Protection program.
About Buyback Protection

AccidentCheck
Reported accidents: 0

Title and ProblemCheck
Your vehicle checks out!

OdometerCheck
Your vehicle checks out!

Last Reported Odometer Reading: 10

Vehicle Use and EventCheck
No vehicle use reported
View Full History

AccidentCheck

Not all accidents / issues are reported to AutoCheck.

checks_out Your Vehicle Checks Out! There have been no accidents reported to AutoCheck for this 2007 Honda CBR600RR (JH2PC40187M000893). AutoCheck receives its accident data from government sources and independent agencies, and based on the information available to us, we have found that no accidents have been reported on this vehicle.

Title and ProblemCheck

checks_out Your Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck's database for this 2007 Honda CBR600RR (JH2PC40187M000893) shows no negative titles or other problems. When reported to AutoCheck, these events can indicate serious past damage or other significant problems, and disqualifies the vehicle for AutoCheck Buyback Protection. Check the Vehicle Use and EventCheck for reported accidents that can affect vehicle safety and value.

0 Problem(s) Reported: 15 Title/Problem areas checked:
image No abandoned title record
image No damaged title or major damage incident record
image No fire damaged title record
image No grey market title record
image No hail damage title record
image No insurance loss title or probable total loss record
image No junk or scrapped title record
image No manufacturer buyback/lemon title record
image No odometer problem title record
image No rebuilt/rebuildable title record
image No salvage title or salvage auction record
image No water damaged title record
image No NHTSA crash test record
image No frame/unibody damage record
image No recycling facility record
OdometerCheck

checks_out Your Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck examined the reported odometer readings reported to AutoCheck for this 2007 Honda CBR600RR (JH2PC40187M000893) and no indication of an odometer rollback or tampering was found. AutoCheck uses business rules to determine if reported odometer readings are significantly less than previously reported values. Not all reported odometer readings are used. Title and auction events also report odometer tampering or breakage.
0 Problem(s) Reported: Mileage Date Reported
image 10 05/10/2007
Vehicle Use and EventCheck

image No Additional Information Reported! AutoCheck shows no additional vehicle uses or events reported to AutoCheck for this 2007 Honda CBR600RR (JH2PC40187M000893). This includes reported vehicle uses such as rental or lease, and events such as whether the vehicle has been reported to have had a loan/lien or a duplicate title issued. Other events show if the vehicle has a reported accident and how many calculated accidents or if it has been reported stolen or repossessed. It is recommended to have pre-owned vehicles inspected by a third party prior to purchase.
0 Event(s) Reported: 6 Vehicle uses checked:
image No fleet, rental and/or lease use record
image No taxi use record
image No police use record
image No government use record
image No livery use record
image No driver education record
0 Event(s) Reported: 9 Vehicle events checked:
image No accident record reported through accident data sources
image No corrected title record
image No duplicate title record
image No emission/safety inspection record
image No loan/lien record
image No fire damage incident record
image No repossessed record
image No theft record
image No storm area registration/title record
Full History

Below are the historical events for this vehicle listed in chronological order. Any discrepancies will be in bold text.

Report Run Date 2012-11-20 13:42:22.963 EST

Vehicle: 2007 Honda CBR600RR (JH2PC40187M000893)
Event date Location Odometer reading Data Source Details
05/10/2007 CA
Motor Vehicle Dept. ODOMETER READING FROM DMV
05/25/2007 TORRANCE, CA
Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
06/07/2007 TORRANCE, CA
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE

#113 ·
#117 ·
There's a reason I posted in the sellers thread that something didn't look right with that bike. You could see it through the pics.

Sorry to the OP that you got hosed.

Everybody learns, some of us the hard way. I feel your pain.

#118 ·
just looking at the bike should've been pretty obvious that its was a pile of trouble. no offense but no one in their right mind should've paid that much money for that bike.

5 months ago i bought my '03 with 9k miles, mint condition, garaged its whole life, and meticulously maintained for $3,600. i was without a bike for about 3 weeks, i could've easily gone and dropped $4k+ on a bike the day after i sold my previous one and had a "decent" bike with twice as many miles. but i waited til a found a good deal, and IMO it would've been worth waiting 2 months for!

NEVER go buy something just cause you can't wait or are anxious. i've had multiple friends buy cars JUST because of the rims/sound system/other mods. they all said "that's not the reason i'm buying it" and i'm not a retard so i knew they were lying out their asses. EVERY single time i've said "dont buy this car" and what do they do? buy it... and each one of them has regretted it.

my gf needed a car, we went and looked at one, it was a decent car, but i felt we could do better, told her not to buy it, she wanted it cause she needed a car, but she listened to me and said no. a week later i was able to find her a car for $1k less, 20k less miles, 2 years newer, and you could tell it had be maintained MUCH better. she still has it, loves the car and its been perfect for her.

rushing into something NEVER ends well.

#126 ·
I dont care how nice the bike looks.. if I saw the plastics being held with eletrical tape.. I will run the other way... always start bike up... shut it off start it up again rev it few times.. do all the inspection you can...

take it for a spin... if you can...

I remember I went to see a 08 600rr orange guy wanted to sell me it for $4.5k it had about 5k miles.. this was a year ago.. so I went to see the bike.. bike was in pretty good condition.. had a little scratch on the stator.. and the only thing that I did not like was the front plastics were held on with zip ties ?? lol.. I was like wtf.. anyways.. bike sounded good start up no problem I ended up not buying it.. because.. I did not know if he had crashed it and then got some plastic and just trying to sell it..

anyways.. I kept looking at bikes afterwards. then I ended up buying a 06 600rr for 3k. with 7k miles. anyways it was pretty decent

recently I just bought a 08 R6 with 5k miles for 5k ... which was a sweet deal :) rode 300 miles back with it LOL...

anyways OP hope you got your issue squared away.

#127 ·
i had a similar problem with my 600rr when i got my 06. dude who owned it got a DUI and hit a cop in his truck. to shorten the story he got deported. and had to sell his stuff through his family. i got it for 3500 with 19k miles on it. with a akrapovic exhaust.

anyways now for the drama. the bike sat for 4 months. injectors were clogged and i thought there was no oil presure and i burnt my hands on the header. turned out i missread the gauge and was an FI light. after making the deal the battery died. i ended up getting a push start and drove it 2 hours home breaking 100mph lol. i thought i had a warped rear rotor and turned out to be a streached link on a shitty chain.

we all have stories about buying used vehicles. but your seller was a douchebag. mine push started me..

work in progress

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.