Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Having adjustment issues on my new CBR 600

3K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Moeman 
#1 ·
Hi guys.I started riding on a 919 Blade and peaked my riding skill on a 05 R6 that I was totaly in love with back then,so its safe to say I learnt on 4 cylinder bikes.after taking about 5 year gap I returned to biking on a Daytona 675 3 cylinder early this year.Great bike but found it rather uncomfitable and painfull at times.Last month a sold my 675 and now got my self a new Cbr 600 with ABS.The problem is I seem to have gotten so use to the bottom end power of the triumph that my CBR is feeling so slow.Don't get me wrong its a great bike and I make full use of the ABS.My braking confidence has sky rocketed to place I'm not even sure it should be.However the great brakes,good riding position just seems not enough to make up for the lack of low rpm power and the fact that I can't take off the number plate bracket(coz of the silly positioned break light) is not helping the way I feel.I miss my triumph so so much and its gear indicator even more..Do you guys think this will change as I adjust back to 4 cylinder why of riding?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
You know I went the opposite direction of yours from an 07 CBR 600 RR to a 012 675R and I am not looking cause like you stated the torque coming off the Triumph is brilliant I love it .The RR is slow at the bottom end sure but way stronger at the top than the 675 you can improve that slow take off if you do a sprocket change either gone 1 down in the front or go 3 up in the back the front would cost less money

As far as the tail light design / ugly looking worthless piece of crap LP holder look up tripage products he is a site vendor , great member and his products are top notch buy his IT integrated tail light and his adjustable FE and a front sprocket you would be set for a while

Do not regret your switch yet give it time the RR love will overtake your heart trust me lovely machine I sold my 03 RR with 48K miles yes 48K miles no issues at all and my 07 had 29K miles
Her new owner is a member here as well and loves her dearly as much as she loves him

Look up my 2 threads about the Miss O'Seven RR & Miss18RR in the RR build forum any mod questions feel free to pm me and one last thing welcome to the RR addiction

#5 ·
Great advice Moe.

As Moe mentions, consider a sprocket change with a speedoDRD and there are aftermarket gear indicators that can be placed right into the cluster for a clean OEM look.

My brother had an '08 675 for 22k miles. I had the pleasure of putting a decent amount of seat time in on it and really enjoyed the smooth throttle and linear power band. BUT it wasn't enough to sell me. The redesign of the 675R does spike my curiousity.

Reactions: Moeman
#7 ·
Simply because a Twin CYLINDER or a Triple CYLINDER has more torque at the bottom end than V 4 CYL bike stronger , more powerful take off speed but at the same token there is a variance at top end as well so got to give some to get some

#10 · (Edited)
Believe me when I tell you there is a difference that you can feel even on public roads and you do not have to be twisting that throttle hard either I am not saying the RR is a slow pow off the line but it ain't like the 675R power delivery is simply right there you got to ride a twin or a triple plus a V4 back to back to get a feeling of what I am talking about . Members that own twin bikes & RR will chime in their thoughts as they got more experience than me and can really emphasize the differences between both rides . I forgot to mention that at top end past 11k the RR is stronger and pulls harder than the 675R does that is normal for both bikes to have such characteristics you can still get into trouble really easy riding either bike .

Reactions: Maaku
#11 ·
Ok let me explain better as I see some you gents are not understanding me.First let me say that I in no way believe the cbr is slow.In fact the speedo readind 27Xkm is a lot better then the 260km i'm used to seeing on the daytona and even with the higher top end the CBR a lot more stable.Now let me explain.I gear up at around 10.30pm and head to my own personal race track(South african freeyways are rather quiet at night with almost no traffic police).I have a standard route that I learnt well over the years so I go all out.I ride like devil is after me but there are always a few cars on the fast lane with the idea that thay going fast enough to stay there.Now I have had some nasty experiences with passing on left so I have to break speed to let the car move.Now on the Triumph I drop to 4 and soon as car moves I rocket pass him making driver think what the #@*# bike was that???On the CBR same as above there is a sort of pause when I open up before power kicks in making driver think wow Honda bikes are really fast.I have same problem when slowing down and dropping gear before bends etc

#12 ·
ESA
Change the gearing like I suggested that will give you the improved power delivery you are looking for

#13 ·
Thanks Meoman.I am seriously considering your advise by going one down in front the front insted of 3 up at back to save cash.I'm just going to do some searchs in the forum to get more info on sproket changes.One question for you tho,is there anything you miss about the CBR or has the beautifull blue shift lights and that amazing sounding engine of the daytona captured your heart complety?

#14 ·
Miss O'Seven will always have its own corner in my heart but Miss18RR took over the rest of it but no matter what I love them both equally

#18 · (Edited)
2011 Daytona Triumph does 0-60 in about 3.2 secs
2007/08 Honda CBR 600rr does 0-60 in 3.3 secs

Difference: 0.1 sec

Threads like this crack me up. The triumph 675r is a whopper 0.1 seconds faster down low 0-60, omg now I want to sell my ceebee and jump on the euro bandwagon where parts are expensive as hell and the dealer network is few and far in between. lol gtfo! :drunk:

yeah I'm a honda fan boy, and? Honda reliability kills the competition.

Btw, the triumph 675r looks like a shark. The ceebee looks prettier to me but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

References:
2011 Triumph Daytona 675 review:
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/252/1...1-Triumph-Daytona-675R-Street-Comparison.aspx

2007/08 Honda CBR600rr review:
http://www.visordown.com/reviews/motorcycles/sportsbikes/honda-cbr600rr-2007---2008/454.html

#19 ·
I appreciate the info you provided but these numbers are just that numbers and really do not dictate anything the experience of the rider and the package weight of both (rider and bike) can tip the scale to either side RR or 675 . The op did not post this thread to compare bikes he was just wondering how come the Triumph feels faster than the RR and that the RR ain't got the same take off torque that the Triumph posses so I suggested the sprocket change and I think that will meet his needs

#20 ·
I know i know, I was just being a ham :bootyshak lol

Not to be a **** but maybe the op is overweight? when I first got on my 07 cbr600rr and I pulled a wheelie off the line unintentionally. More than enough torque down low for me but I'm a lean 6ft 185lbs.

I've never ridden a daytona 675r though. :cruising:

#21 ·
Ice
It's ok man no hard feelings bro I like the fact that you stood up for the RR :shakehand

#23 ·
I guess that makes a little more sense. Like they say the grass always looks greener on the other side. The op just stated his opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. I would love to test ride a daytona 675r but you are lucky to find one around these parts. I came from a 250 so the 600rr felt like a rocket to me and still feels like one.

#24 ·
You would be lucky indeed I had to get mine trucked from Oklahoma took a week to reach FL but I hade no problem waiting :cruising:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.