Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Quick question about power and the tachometer

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Zmart12 
#1 · (Edited)
So I picked up a 08 600rr recently with under 8k miles, it seems to run great but I had a quick question. This is my 2nd bike, I upgraded from a gs500 but I noticed that in first gear the cbr's power seems to kick in all of a sudden at about 3.5k rpm. Is that normal for these bikes or is something off?

Also my tachometer shuts off randomly when riding, everything else on the dash works fine and the tach sweeps when starting but it seems when I hit higher rpm's the tach dies at some point and wont start working until I restart the bike. Any ideas?

Thanks guys.

#3 ·
:+1: LOL, wait till you hit that 7k mark. First couple of times is like, holy crap! Whoot whoot yay! Then after a while you get used to it and want more! Always more... cause more is always more fun!

#7 ·
Bike can be a bit jerky at low rpm for me, I can't gently stop it from happening by partially letting off throttle so I usually have to completely let off throttle and start again if it happens. Only at very low speeds. from what I've read this is normal. I'm Sure someone would be quick to blame throttle control though ha.. And no idea about the tach

Sent from my iPhone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.