Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Deciding on new gear

6K views 37 replies 10 participants last post by  VietRR 
#1 · (Edited)
So I've been saving and I think I'm going to drop a grand or so into some new stuff, if you own anything here or have any suggestions or anything comment.

Helmet: Scorpion EXO-1100 Helmet

Jacket: Dainese Avro Leather Jacket

Pants: Dainese Delta Pro Leather Pants (Really need help with what color)

Boots: SIDI Fusion Air Boots

Gloves: Dainese Carbon Cover Gloves

Tell me what you think, I'm still looking at stuff but this might be where I settle.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looking good skip the Fusion and get the Stealth ST slightly higher price wise but so much better protection check out the RS Taichi brand great products that offer excellent protection and are are cheaper price wise plenty of us here have the RS Taichi line and love it

Reactions: RidingJockeyRR
#4 ·
my rec. is the Sidi ST. "email" STG is the keyword. j have them and they are great even for daily commutes. I have the exo1100, they are great and all but I wish i would have saved more for an Arai. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#9 ·
Gear you listed looks good, are you stuck on the Scorpion lids? have you looked at Shoei, or AGV/Arai? Dainese is def a quality product, as Moe mentioned be sure to check out RS Taichi, i have the Motion jacket and WRX gloves and couldnt be happier, As for boots, Sidi or Astars you really cant go wrong, i have the Astars SMX plus boots and love em!

#19 ·
be sure whatever lid you decide to get has this
Dot and Snell Certification:

What is the difference between a Snell approved motorcycle helmet and a DOT approved helmet? There really isn't much except the testing methods used to receive their certs are a little different. The Snell Memorial Foundation uses some extra methods of testing and their helmet impact requirements are higher.

The Snell Foundation does all the helmet testing that is approved by the foundation while the DOT doesn't do all their own testing. DOT relies mostly on the individual helmet manufactures. Seems to me you want Snell Certification. DOT and Snell is even better. Some manufacturers have both certs. You will find the certified or approved decals on the rear of the helmet.

#21 ·
What size are you looking for with those Delta Pros? I might be able to help you out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

#23 ·
I have GPPro gloves and indeed they are great. Just one small thing is that they are not windproof and water proof, so if you commute in the winter at any temp below 40F like me, you should look into something extra. right now i dont have a solution yet and no, no heated pad

#25 · (Edited)
#24 ·
I'm a huge Dainese fan so I have a couple of recommendations about your original choices.

I have a pair of carbon cover gloves and to be honest, they're okay at best. I really like them for my daily gloves but the palms show a little wear after only 3 months of daily use and the protection isn't as good as others. I would recommend going up in the Dainese line or looking at Held, A*s, or Knox. You could also save some money by going with the Avro 2 piece instead of the Avro+Delta Pros.

For a helmet check out sportbiketrackgear, they have a great sale on the Bell Star right now, I would buy one if I had the extra cash.

This post has been deleted
#31 ·
The only thing the med gloves do is block out the wind; no wind on your skin = a bit warmer hands, however once you get down into 5c or lower you'll be putting your gloves on the sides of your engine case cover at stop lights lol. Give them a try :)

#33 ·
my phone's app is messing up, cant see what I type so sorry ahead of time for typo.
for me, no wind means no cold (bay area), however i cant imagine myself putting on rubbers more then I ever needed :p I wikk ty a pair of walmart water proff glove underneath my gp-pro. It has somethin lining in the inside. will update kn this

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.