Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

How to: headphones in helmet

18K views 74 replies 30 participants last post by  my04600 
#1 · (Edited)
What you'll be needing.
-helmet(duh)
-skullcandy Icon2 headphones( or any small enough sized headphone.
- velcro
- heavy duty cutters( for cutting plastic)
-patience

1.Start off by buying these headphones. Skullcandy Icon2 headphones. They have a good sound and button for iPods and iPhones.

2. Then go ahead and cut off the headband, and removing the casings on the headphones.

3. Cut off the extra plastic that is attached to the headphone.

4.Then attach the Velcro to the headphone and it should look like this.

Hopefully your helmet has a spot to put your headphone speakers. I know Shoei does.

5. Add the opposite Velcro siding from what you put on your headphones inside your helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

See less See more
#50 ·
Does anyone have their music cut out on them while riding at higher speeds due to the mic? I bough a pair of skull candy ear buds and the mic that hangs down just picks up to much wind I guess. Just curious if it was a quality issue or if any of you have experienced it.

#53 ·
i also have a scorpion helmet and there is a way to have headphones in your helmet.

i picked up a little cheapy set of headphones from your good ole' Walmart. these cost me about $4.88 no joke. no need to cut anything they just pop right off. and they are crazy thin

you just have to put them in AFTER you get your helmet on, just slip them in through your face shield between the padding and your ear. and there ya go they are plenty loud for me. :thumbup:

#59 ·
I don't think they have a volume button on any if them. Not that I know of.

#61 ·
#67 ·
#69 ·
I have a pair of head phones for sale if anyone wants them. $20 plus shipping

#71 ·
What kind of Velcro you using? I use industrial strength Velcro.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#72 ·
Ones from local home improvement store. U know how the back of te headphones are kind of smooth..? That's why they ain't holding up good.
I'll have to look for some industrial ones then.

#75 ·
super glue has been my friend when it comes time to attach

I used super glue for both my head phones inside my helmet, and the cheap ass little am/fm/mp3 player on the side. just replaced the am/fm/mp3 player tonight. the old one lasted 2 yrs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.