Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

The new 2013 cbr600rr..... Is awful looking!!

106K views 300 replies 142 participants last post by  M03RR 
#1 · (Edited)
I feel pretty let down... after 6 years of production of an absolutely beautiful bike... This is Honda replacement! Even if it's technically better, and I'm sure that it is, I'm not sure I'd ever be caught riding it..

Now that Audi has purchased Ducati, Audi will have quality and reliability influence over future bikes, and it may be time to jump ship...

http://powersports.honda.com/2013/cbr600rr.aspx Here's the Honda Website link

Thoughts?

:director: WHAT IS THIS, HONDA?!

See less See more
#119 ·
I really like the Repsol. I think the design of the scheme makes the bike look good. The Tricolor doesn't work for me and the red is just to damn red. And I have a red 08.

I bet you could do a clean vinyl job on the red and make it work. Anything to break it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#123 ·
Its growing on my the more I see it the only thing I don't like is how the tail fairing continues the the seat to the mid section. It just looks funny in my opinion. Overall the red white blue and repsol ones look good.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

#140 · (Edited)
Guy's if all you have to complain about is the color schemes then you don't have a leg to stand on. Paint is easy to change. Upgrading the hard parts costs shitloads of money.

Here's my real thoughts on this bike. The good, and the bad.

Bad first.
1. Undertail Exhaust -Really? Get rid of it and drop more weight on the competitors, increase flickability AND FINALLY be able to put something besides just a melted credit card in there.
2. Rear signals should be incorporated into the tail so there isn't crap hanging off the side screwing up the lines of the bike.
3. Front signals should be in the mirrors so there isn't any crap hanging off the side screwing up the lines of the bike.
4. Headlights should have been kept at around the 07-12 rake. Like many I'm not buying the newer generation Camaro look at all.
5. No Slipper Clutch -While it's not absolutely needed it definitely helps at this price point.

The Good
1. Big Piston Fork -About F'ing Time
2. 12 Spoke wheels -About F'ing Time
3. I like the vents in the tail. They should have kept them in the 07-12.

COP OUT
1. Improved midrange - Lets be honest here. The bike already has good midrange. What any rider that has ridden any somewhat newer 600 fairly hard, even on the street, will tell you is that it's not the midrange that's lacking. IT'S THE TOP END POWER!!!
If they want to keep supposedly upping the midrange just increase the cc's already.

As I see it there is no need to sell a 07-12 for this "New" bike.
I honestly think the 06 and older bikes looks better than the 2013 and that's coming from someone who owns an 07 because of lighter weight and better handling.

Bottom line, I love Honda's but I'd go to a different brand before spending my money on the 2013.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE REDESIGN!!!
HELLO 2015!!!

#157 ·
And there is a good reason for that. People talk all kinds of sh1t about cagers not seeing them, then they do things to make the problem worse. I prefer that the other people on the road actually see my signals. Messing up the lines on the bike? That sounds really ghey.

#152 ·
:+1: its already starting with me. i 1st saw it and thought.. No No No No. but... i have to say i love the look of the front now. i think???? lol :crackup: i think i may like the mids and lowers too lol.. the tail i`m not impressed with at all tho, would of liked a 1000rr-esque tail and i think i would of learned to love the whole bike.. i plan on keeping my 08 for longer than planned now but i cant see past the new daytona at the moment, thats one beautiful machine. but who knows things change :shakehand

#154 ·
It has grown on me somewhat and now I think it's a decent looking bike. It does not look fresh however, it looks dated, like a late 1990s design. I may be biased but the only 600RR design that looked great right off the bat and was a fresh and very original design and still looks great today is the '03-'06 incarnation.

#155 ·
My personal opinion I like the clean look of the 07 08. I owned an red/black 08 which was stolen and was waiting to see if i was going to get a 2013 but looking at the pics I'm on the fence. The nose is really ugly, the fairings look cheap. I like that they kept the undertail. I hope technically it will ride better which will be awesome because it already rides wonderfully! I guess I'll have to wait for the Motorcycle show!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.