Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

The new 2013 cbr600rr..... Is awful looking!!

106K views 300 replies 142 participants last post by  M03RR 
#1 · (Edited)
I feel pretty let down... after 6 years of production of an absolutely beautiful bike... This is Honda replacement! Even if it's technically better, and I'm sure that it is, I'm not sure I'd ever be caught riding it..

Now that Audi has purchased Ducati, Audi will have quality and reliability influence over future bikes, and it may be time to jump ship...

http://powersports.honda.com/2013/cbr600rr.aspx Here's the Honda Website link

Thoughts?

:director: WHAT IS THIS, HONDA?!

See less See more
#2 ·
Woke up this morning expecting greatness...not that impressed. IMO its ugly

#3 ·
If you had been here in '06 when we got the first pics of the '07 (you can search and see the posts) people were horrified. Some thought it looked like an R6, others said it was butt ugly. 95% of people said they were done with the RR.

People came around and realized it was a BETTER bike and the looks grew on us. Not a judgement on the new bike, just a reflection on past events. And yes, history does repeat itself.

I happen to really like it. And now you get a 600RR Repsol edition.

#26 ·
If you had been here in '06 when we got the first pics of the '07 (you can search and see the posts) people were horrified. Some thought it looked like an R6, others said it was butt ugly. 95% of people said they were done with the RR.

People came around and realized it was a BETTER bike and the looks grew on us. Not a judgement on the new bike, just a reflection on past events. And yes, history does repeat itself.

I happen to really like it. And now you get a 600RR Repsol edition.
I agree this bike is probably "better" than the last gen, but I don't thinks its good enough to warrant ppl with an 07-12 to upgrade... There really isnt a lot that has been improved.

Dig the new front end, disappointed in the dated tail. More interested to find out if it will out-perform/handle the other 600's for 2013!!
Let's be honest... The 636 is def the 600 to buy for 2013...

#165 ·
I must say that I found the 03-06 600RR looks "meh", didn't care for them at all. The only one I've really liked is the 07-12 600RR.

The new one... nope, didn't like it at first, don't like it now either. I like aspects of it, like the wheels, the BPF (and I was ridiculed on this forum when I asked about doing a BPF swap) and the bigger fairings. The 07-12 fairings are too complex, too many pieces, too many flimsy tabs just waiting to break if you stare at them.

09+ lost power compared to 07-08, I guess 13+ will be still down in power...

When I got my 07 back in 09 the plan was to keep it for three or four years, as I expected an all new 600RR in 2011 (4 years), so I could replace it in 2012-13 a used bike of the 2011 new generation. That's not happening, I'll just wait for 13+ bikes to get parted to get those wheels and forks on my 07.

#4 ·
Maybe I'm just partial to the 07-12 since I have the 08...when they came out I knew I had to have it. This model looks much more box like, with the front end not coming to a point it kinda looks like was chopped off. I'm sure it will grow on us but its prob gonna take a while for me, but since I have my sportbike and my next will be a Honda cruiser, I'm down with the change so I can say mine was best one they made, lol

#6 · (Edited)
Maybe I'm just partial to the 07-12 since I have the 08...when they came out I knew I had to have it. This model looks much more box like, with the front end not coming to a point it kinda looks like was chopped off. I'm sure it will grow on us but its prob gonna take a while for me, but since I have my sportbike and my next will be a Honda cruiser, I'm down with the change so I can say mine was best one they made, lol
and i think the 03-06 is the best looking style :bootyshak.

i'm with TheX on this one.. i like the new look. 100% sure on the nose yet..requires more research and pics. i love the rims, and really glad they kep the undertail exhaust. I'm curious to see how well these new C-ABS brake system will work. all in all i still like the looks better of the CBR over the brand new R6's. which is what matters to me (roommate rides yammi).
glad Honda brought back the Repsol too, although i really like the red/white/blue on the 1k and now the 6RR

EDIT: i'm also kind of disappointed they didn't incorporate the front blinkers into the mirrors like other sportbikes

#7 ·
Nobody likes the looks of new bikes at first but then they become peoples favorites. I love the new look. The fairings are cleaned up similar to the 03-06 look with the 07-12 ram air. Best of both worlds. Plus the new lighter wheels Im sold but just dont have the money haha if your expecting a completely different bike get a different brand

#10 · (Edited)
Pros: undertail exhaust remains, integrated taillight, 12 spoke rims, ecu update, big piston fork...

Cons: it's kinda ugly, they went backwards with styling... The tail is the same from 03-06, that paint looks goofy. At least the '12 retro had nice modern styling to it. This paint looks out of place. the headlights are flat now, but otherwise the same headlights. Swingarm, same from 07-12, which is the same from 03.
Basically, they just made look like the last 600rr... Which is getting old.
no word on slipper clutch, weight, instrument display, hp/tq numbers...

#11 ·
the face looks like something ud see in a japanese comic book, even though it looks a little more futuristic, I prefer the 07 (I own an 06).

I agree with thex people usually dont appreciate redesigned products at first sight, however I really think this thing looks awful and ugly.

Would I want to have one ? FK YAA, its the newest 600rr, its a honda, and sooner or later everyone is gna accept the ugliness of this thing and look past it.

#15 ·
It just doesnt look as aggressive as previous years or any of its current competitors.

Maybe the angles of the photos dont do it justice, but im more than happy with my current 09 in terms of styling.

Would just like to know if the wheels are lighter than current ones, if so, i will definitely be getting a set. (better than dropping over a grand for aftermarket ones)

#18 ·

The all red is sexy. The standard red Ducati comes to mind at first glance just from the sheer amount of red. I'd like to see it with black wings though I think. I like the fuller fairings. I wasn't much for the 07-12 design because it looked too naked. Comparing it to other track inspired bikes(and actual racing bikes), it just seemed less full. I don't know how to really explain it.

The wheels are awesome. I like symmetry so an undertail exhaust is perfect to me. It was a deciding factor when I picked my bike. Agree with the black swing arm, at least on the red.

I'm not sure it has an integrated tail light. Both the front and rear signals are tucked in nicer.

Iono, it's growing on me the more I look it.

#22 ·
Dig the new front end, disappointed in the dated tail. More interested to find out if it will out-perform/handle the other 600's for 2013!!

#24 ·
Haha!!!!!!!

#28 ·
No black option... lame

Reactions: silversl33pr
#33 ·
I like it but I want to know what about a slipper clutch .. if there is not a slipper then it should be priced way lower than competitors with slippers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.