Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

The new 2013 cbr600rr..... Is awful looking!!

106K views 300 replies 142 participants last post by  M03RR 
#1 · (Edited)
I feel pretty let down... after 6 years of production of an absolutely beautiful bike... This is Honda replacement! Even if it's technically better, and I'm sure that it is, I'm not sure I'd ever be caught riding it..

Now that Audi has purchased Ducati, Audi will have quality and reliability influence over future bikes, and it may be time to jump ship...

http://powersports.honda.com/2013/cbr600rr.aspx Here's the Honda Website link

Thoughts?

:director: WHAT IS THIS, HONDA?!

See less See more
#156 ·
not liking it all that much,, maybe because i got the 2011 600rr and the last bike i had was a 1999 900rr.. back in 2000. so when i saw my bike at the store, the look and style of new bikes over are amazing to me.. I only like the rims and the fact they added tail light under the seat. For now the 07-12 look is meaner. hope honda could come out with different graphic schemes and color combinations. thats my 2 cents.

#173 · (Edited)
Further evidence of Honda dropping the ball and went lazy at least with styling.

Your internet speculators with CAD & photoshop came up with more interesting designs.

We've now had three years of Moto2 where many different builders created various racebikes around the CBR600RR to pick and choose ideas from.

Hell, even this has a CBR600RR at it's core

#191 · (Edited)
Shut the f*** up mewtwo!! Nobody care what you think!!!

#192 ·
Oh yeah, welcome back slut.

#193 ·
I gotta be w/tracking monkay on this one...that's an awful looking bike, kit looks like they took the concept of the bodyline of the 07-12 fairings and flattened them creating more plastic surfaces all over the bike..not to mention the front looks like a uni-brow or angry oger lol kawi and yama are rally stepping up their game with the cosmetics on their new arrivals..Honda..not so much.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Motorcycle.com Free App

#203 ·
me too but i wanna try to get a leftover '12 with the orange wheels hehe. my '07 was love at first sight so i've been waiting to see what '13 would bring before making a decision on my next street bike. to me this isn't enough of an upgrade from my '07, and the new 1000rr's aren't much less than the rc8, so rc8 it is!

#196 ·
Ktm?? I read nothing but horrible reviews for track ridding. I think it did get good remarks for street, not too sure.

#199 ·
Here's Honda's explination of the new fairings.

Let’s face it: the substantially redesigned 2013 CBR600RR is one incredibly cool-looking machine. But that’s only part of the good news. The 2013 CBR600RR looks very trick because it is very trick! This is a situation where form follows function, and in this case the path to the newly configured, aerodynamically efficient bodywork on the 2013 CBR600RR travels directly through Honda’s MotoGP racing efforts.

Using knowledge and techniques gained from the Honda RC212V MotoGP race program, aerodynamic improvements were made to the newest CBR600RR, which shows a 6.5 percent decrease in drag over the previous model. The development and testing processes used to design this all-new CBR600RR bodywork included CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) analysis to study and improve the airflow around the fairing at high speeds. This work led to aerodynamic advancements that reduced drag and also reduced other high-pressure areas to produce lighter, more agile handling and improved wind deflection for enhanced rider comfort.

Thanks to the favorable results for the CBR600RR that were achieved through this process, the same approach was successfully applied to airflow analysis and design changes with the next-generation RC213V MotoGP racing machine, further improving the function of this cutting-edge racing platform. Because at Honda, form truly follows function, whether it’s for a production street bike or the latest-generation world-championship-caliber racing machine.

Source http://powersports.honda.com/experience/articles/090111c08112a162.aspx

#202 ·
They need more impressive riding pictures.. It looks like the seating position of a sport tourer the way the rider is so high up, and just enjoying a leisurely stroll through the canyon.. Lets see a knee down or something!! Get me excited about this new bike!

I do like how they've taken that stupid fairing off that was covering the engine though

#235 ·
I agree. The 09-12 plastics are hideous. Makes me laugh when I hear owners of those years talk about how bad the 13 looks.

Vid of it in motion

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.